Addicus - An upcoming title from Get Set Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RobSegal, Oct 19, 2009.

1. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    #1 RobSegal, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    Hi all,

Just wanted to announce the first iPhone title coming out of the Get Set Games labs. If all things go as planned it should become available in the app store around Nov 1st.

UPDATE - NOV 3: Addicus is now available for purchase in the app store!

Welcome to Addicus, an addictive number based puzzle game with an emphasis on fast-paced action and beautiful graphics. Easy to play but hard to put down – if you want good times you can count on Addicus!

• Dozens of secret bonuses
    • Multipliers and chain combos
    • Overdrive mode for crazy hi-scores
    • Endless replayability
    • Part of OpenFeint the largest iPhone game community
    • Online worldwide leaderboards
    • Integrated with Facebook and Twitter

Nothing but the highest quality numbers were used in the production of this game.

We have got a ton of ideas planned for the future so be sure to keep an eye on our website or follow us on Twitter. If you didn't care to read any of that here's some screenshots and a video to enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    the graphics are definitely nice looking

do you have any video showing gameplay?

3. Pinoykid

Pinoykid Well-Known Member

i agree graphics look really nice.

4. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    Glad you all enjoy the artwork. No video as of yet but we are putting that together.

5. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    Just added the promo video. Check it out!

6. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
  7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Follow'd! :)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Following...it looks nifty!

9. vhariable

vhariable Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Congratulations, Rob! Bought the game this evening and my wife and I spent waaayyyyy too much time playing your fun game. ;) Very fun and well polished! I will be spreading the word.

10. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    Glad you've been enjoying it and thanks for the publicity.

11. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    I am interested in getting this. For those who have downloaded it, can you give a description of the gameplay and the object of the game? I watched the video, but couldn't figure it out. Maybe I just dumb. :)

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    No problem.

The basics are really simple. A color coded number will appear in the upper left and you need to, as quickly as possible, tap liked colored mushrooms that add up to that amount. The second you have tapped enough same colored mushrooms to achieve that summation, those mushrooms and that number disappear to be replaced with a new target value and new mushrooms spring up to fill in the recently made gaps in the field. Occasionally you will get a white target number which means you are free to mix and match any colored numbers you want to achieve that total. The quicker you can knock these targets scores out and the more mushrooms you can involve to do it (sure clicking on a blue 6 mushroom with knock out the blue 6 target, but if you could do it with a blue 1, a blue 2, and a blue 3 it would be worth a lot more points). There are other bonus bits like going into "Overdrive" and or getting extra bonuses if you fulfill various poker hands (I thought I saw something to the effect of "Three of a Kind") but I'm not to clear on what that stuff was about.

My one whine is that I'd prefer it if your current running total of selected mushrooms would show up somewhere. As it stands you just have to keep track of that stuff in your head and it makes going for some of the trickier "1 +2 + 1 + 3 + 1 + etc.", combinations a lot harder to track.

I'm also not clear on how the game ends but think it has to do with going over the target value or choosing a wrong colored mushroom. I'm not clear if one mistake ends it or if you're allowed a few strikes before you're ejected.

13. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    As with your help on Monumental, thanks very much for the detailed explanation, LG. This is another one that has moved into the purchase column for me. The developers should give you a piece of the action. :)

14. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    There are extra bonuses for getting poker hand summations (i.e. 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 for a straight or 3 + 3 + 3 for three of a kind, etc.). There are a number of other hidden special bonus sequences like this. It's an added way to get additional points.

It's a good point. There is alot to keep track of especially when you get into the larger numbers. I would encourage you to head over to our website and send us this point or any other ideas you might have. Click the feedback tab on the left side of the screen, go here or click the "Send Us Feedback" link in my signature.

You've got it right for the most part. There are no strikes before losing although we have played around with that idea. There's a few ways you can lose a game...

1. Selecting a wrong colored mushroom when you are given a color coded goal number. i.e. selecting a blue 6 when you are given a red 7.
    2. Adding to a sum which results in going over the goal number.

I've heard from a bunch of people that they would prefer to see how they lost when they do lose as it can seem kind of sudden the way things are currently designed and played. Please let us know if that's a feature you'd like to see in an update.

Yeh no kidding that was a great description of what Addicus is all about. Thanks very much LordGek!

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @Rob Segal
    No problem, I'm more than happy to help out with games I like. Oh, and Rob, please say hello to your brother Steven for me. :p:rolleyes:

16. RobSegal

RobSegal Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    Toronto
    Thanks for all your feedback and suppor Gek. As for the Steven comment. Yeh... rolling eyes I think is the appropriate action there.:) I've heard that comment more times that I care to think about. It's worth pointing out we actually say and spell our last names differently. My last name is pronounced like the bird "seagull" whereas Steven's is spelled "Seagal" and pronounced phonetically more like "sigal" where the "si" is pronounced like in "sit".

I know its all in good fun but I always like to point out that difference for clarity.