The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Trials Evolution is soooo good. I unlocked the extreme levels last night and completed the first 3. So tough, but fun. I had well over 100 faults in one of them. LOL. The progression in the game is better than in Trials HD. It eases you into it and does a pretty good job of explaining key techniques for clearing obstacles. The only track I really didn't like much was the super duper uber long Gigatrack. That one was just *way* too long. It felt like it was never going to end.

I also finally tried the skill games last night. I really didn't care for the rolling ball one much, but liked most of the others. I especially liked the running out of gas, stuck throttle and no leaning ones.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha no problem! I'm actually tempted to do the same and upgrade my 360 Elite.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The Slim is a nice upgrade from the older style Xbox, but note that if you currently have a "Jasper" 360, the Slim 360 is not any quieter at all, except when playing from a disc (if game isn't installed). So if you don't install games it's quieter, but otherwise not. I was a little disappointed in that, but otherwise it has some nice improvements.

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I could truthfully care less haha. Anything is an improvement over what I have to deal with right now. If I accidentally close the disk tray without a game in it I have to bang on the top at least 3-4 times because the disk tray gets jammed. It's weird, I don't understand why it prevents jamming when a disk is in but it does!

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That's a different matter altogether. LOL.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3746 backtothis, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    Has anyone tried out Minecraft? Just remembered it's out already on XBLA!

Edit: My bad, looks like the release date is the 9th. No wonder the internet hasn't been exploding on the topic yet.

7. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Anyone join any of the 500x lobbies on Battlefield 3?

They last FOREVER! (and they are really, really fun)

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    My kids are going to buy Minecraft 360 on Wednesday. They are excited! I've never gotten into it myself, but with 4 player splitscreen I'll certainly play it with them and maybe I'll get hooked.

9. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    #3749 TakenXXDeadly, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Minecraft is nearly out now in aus... But I don't have the money on me. /:

10. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Haha yea, part of the reason why I had a (renewed) interest in getting an Xbox was to play MC: XB360 Edition and Black Ops with my foreign friends. Sometimes we play on the PC, but she doesn't have a good PC.

11. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Independent game developer
    San Francisco
    I might be in the minority here, but I hope this is a sign of local splitscreen multiplayer making some sort of comeback for consoles. I can't remember the last time I've a game from this current generation have that feature. Seems like now all you see is games with a short single player campaign and an online multiplayer component.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    There's other games that have splitscreen. I think even CoD MW3 has splitscreen, doesn't it? What's rarer is 4 player splitscreen. Love seeing that and it makes so much sense for HD consoles.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Microsoft announced that sales of Minecraft 360 are now over 1,000,000, smashing all previous sales records for an XBLA game and in less than a week. I thought it would do well, but didn't think it would do that well. Now hopefully they use some of those funds to get updates and fixes out ASAP.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Did anyone grab Max Payne 3? Pretty positive reviews so far from around the web. Been home for almost a week now and still haven't set up my 360, lol.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got Max Payne 3 and I like it a lot. The campaign is scripted and is kind of just a bunch of set pieces, but fun, and the multiplayer is great so far, though I only had a chance to try one round of deathmatch. I'm looking forward to playing more MP and SP. I recommend it. It is rather gratuitously gory, which doesn't really do anything for me, but it's not a big deal. I realize that most people would not see that as a downside AT ALL anyway. LOL.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sounds good to me. Does it live up to its prequels? Been 9 years since the second game. Haven't played the series except the first game on the iOS.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm afraid I have never played any previous version, so I can't provide insight on that.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Turned on my 360 today after being back for 10 days. Barely touched it in the past month and a half due to SCII. Played a bit of MK9, Reach, and MW3 with my bro first.

Then, I went back to Dark Souls for the first time in over a month. Sometimes, it feels like I couldn't possibly hate a game more. After dying another 15 times, I was finally able to defeat the Bell Gargoyle, which was why I stopped playing the game for such a long period of time. That feeling you get when you are able to defeat a boss after so many damn tries/hours is pretty awesome. Will finally be able to get a move on with the game in the coming days/weeks..

19. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Playing reach minecraft and a couple others games, could use some help especially with minecraft pm me gamertags or for mine if you want to play

20. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    This is one pretty old game, but it's still fun and really good! Just bought Burnout paradise (also with a sale to get the sims 3 for an extra $10. Instead of 59).