Universal Pretentious Game - (By Keybol)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    For what it's worth, I didn't mind finishing the game in 1-2 sittings at all. A dollar for a 30 minute experience that holds my interest throughout is good value. Only around 3 levels felt truly inspired though, with the rest not quite up to that standard. Still a worthwhile experience overall. Oh, also the degree to which you enjoy the game may be directly related to the recentness of your last romantic break-up.

2. gkikola

gkikola Member

Dec 31, 2011
    It's short, but the presentation and storytelling is fantastic. It's more of a puzzle game than a platformer, the platforming just provides an environment for the puzzles and story. Really nice game.

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Totally agree! I loved this game. It's a shame it is being overlooked because of other releases like Space Hulk, The Wolf Among Us and KingHunt

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Took me a little over an hour (maybe shorter, coz i was at work and playing while consistently checking my emails and stuff) to complete, and it was well worth the buck i spent on unlocking the game.

As mentioned above, the puzzles are what makes the game interesting, and the platforming is the world the puzzles and story are sitting on.

It was a short run, but every step is a good one.

5. jaddlesp

jaddlesp Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Took me about ten minutes maybe twenty and I loved every minute of it! Complete recommend!!!!!

6. KevinZOMG

KevinZOMG Member

Apr 9, 2012
  7. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    This is a beautiful game--I'm surprised how much plot there was from colored squares lol

Seems like the type of game that will be a joy to replay over and over

Also, I'm curious as to what the wallpapers are (am considering buying them)

However, is it not possible to buy the soundtrack separately? I know you can buy wallpapers for $2 if you already paid $1 for the full game, but I don't think I'm able to buy the soundtrack separately...

8. call of brothulhu

call of brothulhu New Member

Jul 26, 2013

say keybol, i love the game! i really think that mobile games, which have a more gender diverse audience compared to console and pc games, have such a huge opportunity to tell stories about love so I'm really glad to see you as a developer taking advantage of it. i bought the full unlock which included the soundtrack and wallpapers and while i totally love the games soundtrack i was hoping the full unlock would include the music from the trailer that had the electric guitar over the classical music. i'd really love to know who the artist is and the title of the track so i can add it to the playlist i made with the soundtrack. thanks for the great game and please keep innovating on mobile platforms!

9. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi thank you! Unfortunately we don't have the distribution right to the trailer music, but the title is Dreams of the Past Remix by dim_arosynthesis.

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Episode 4 was released, I'm loving it!

11. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #51 keybol, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Hi there, it's been a while since this got updated. Like years! Anyway, publishing of Pretentious Game is back in my hands and I have complete control over the AppStore as well as Google Play and Steam versions. I am developing Chapter 5 as I type this and many plans in the year ahead. The release of the update will be February 8, 2017. Cheers!

[​IMG]

12. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Probably the most unique platformer I've ever played. I'm very happy for you getting your game back. Can't wait for more content. Good luck, Buddy.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... time to reinstall! :)

14. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks guys! Happy New Year!

15. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #55 keybol, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Ready to submit!

It's finally complete, Chapter 5 is coming out soon! Definitely not later than Valentines Day. February 1 is the tentative release of the update. But if you want it earlier, I can give it very soon!
    [​IMG]

16. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Chapter 5 update is now live at the App Store! Cheers!

17. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Glad this got updated. I'm stuck on the "you went beyond borders" level, any advice?

18. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    you can move outside the screen. It is a bit tricky moving from top left to the bottom right though, you just have to move slightly a bit farther then turn left as you fall