Help for Adventure Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pepper2427, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Eric, don't give up!

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Don't worry, I haven't. I just haven't had the chance and play it any more, other than a brief few seconds to try some thoughts on the code again, fail, and finally cheat and look at your walkthrough :) We'll see if things get better from here on out, but tonight I need to concentrate on writing some reviews.

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I thought my hint was pretty good:( lol

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I won't embarrass myself and tell you what sorts of things I tried :p

5. syndessol

syndessol Well-Known Member

#345 syndessol, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Riddenhurst update.

An update has been released to Riddenhurst.

We heard your criticisms and value them greatly. We've implemented a hint system to help you along if you get stuck and there is also a map of the castle grounds to assist.

The new update has a TON of new story in it with several puzzles and lots to do. We hope you give it a second look if you've previously gotten frustrated and shelved it. I should add...navigation becomes much easier inside the castle walls as there are many more reference points to help you. Dark forests tend to be disorienting...both in games and real life.

For those of you that are enjoying it. We are glad to hear that and hope you enjoy this next installment. It will make use of the mysterious control panel in the outpost, the windmill and the locked pump house. And yes...the castle gates will open (if you can crack the code inside the gate guard's quarters).

And as always...there is still more to come soon. Stay tuned and thanks for choosing Riddenhurst!

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a shot again when I have some free time.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Okay, so I'm playing The Passenger, and through trial and error I finally figured out the puzzle where you have to get two light bulbs lit. Unfortunately, now I can't figure out how to do the other puzzle in that room. I'm not necessarily looking for the full solution, but at least some direction in what I'm actually supposed to be doing.

8. You mean the one with the different colored lightbulbs?

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah. I'm actually checking out the walkthrough on your site now :)

10. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Is that the one that's like the Simon game where you have to press the same colours in the same order?

11. kinofhera

kinofhera Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Well I was stuck at the end of Lechuza and so I checked AppUnwrapper's walkthrough and I LOL'ed literally after finishing the game!! :D

12. pyrenee

pyrenee New Member

Feb 1, 2012
    i'm in the drifting chembers and i'm stuck after i putt the lever on the generator
    i don't know what to do

13. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Found a key in Fire Gate. Now stuck again. This game is very challenging

14. kinofhera

kinofhera Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Just wonder if anyone played Jules Verne's Journey to the center of the moon before? The iOS version, not the PC version.

I am so stuck at where you need to fix the flute with some glue... but where on earth... err... on moon is the glue?? :D