Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    the multiplayer STILL freezes.. bleh.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Got it for free

Attached Files:

3. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    How?

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Feature points

5. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Is the multiplayer suppose to lag really bad on the 4s? The campaign plays beautifully, better than Modern Combat 4 but once I hit multiplayer it becomes a schizophrenic slideshow. Do newer devices experience this as well?

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    IDK about newer devices, but I also experienced that on my i4S at release. There are some parts in the main campaign that are also kinda unplayable due to framerate issues.

7. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I played before on my IPad Mini first gen, which is very similar in specs, and I had some laggy parts and bits were it just froze. Mind you this was before the most recent updates.
    I kind of expected it though as the device was 2 years old and based in either older components, basically an iPad 2. I didn't even bother playingn on my iPhone 4S, as it's just not powerful enough anymore to play these types of games - to be honest I would be surprised if it ran MC4 with no issues.

I know have an iPhone 6 and not noticed any issues with the game, but haven't played this year yet!

It sounds harsh, but you can't really expect to play to most recent graphics intense games on a 3+ year old device with no issues. I know I don't :). It's not like consoles were you can keep the same one and expect games to run on it smoothly for years to come. Development in this space is just so fast at the moment...
    A tip I used on my iPad, clear multitasking of all apps and reboot. This will clear out anything that may have been sitting in RAM, allowing all that's available to be used for MC5. This may help :)

8. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    #2048 RoboWarrior, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Modern combat 4 runs quite well, I believe it has reflections enabled on it, the framerate is a solid 30 FPS which is noticeable in multiplayer. By the way the multiplayer has been much more playable now. Not sure if these are server issues or what but I can at least kill people now.

9. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    no controller support still? Thanks gameloft

10. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    The game have interesting graphics

11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    From all accounts it's was meant to be in the last update, but there was a major issue that was found last minute that meant it was pulled.

Unfortunately due to the, let's just say, displeasure displayed towards gameloft in this thread we don't often get GL reps in here to ask directly :(

12. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    While the textures and shaders are lowered from previous installments (coming from a 4s), I'm really impressed with the 3D graphics of this game. The hand look more 'round' as do the gun barrels, and much of the environment looks less like a 2D wallpaper. The graphic change logs are quite interesting as well, like 'adding bullets shooting of barrel' from MC3 and 'show walls on map' from MC2. What I appreciate is the clear text despite lowered graphics since recently it seems that developers tend to also lower text visibility when lowering graphic quality.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yes, this is correct.
    A relatively serious bug was discovered in the controller support that was added in the last update so removing that particular element from it was the best option as they didn't want to delay the rest of the update any further.
    That bug has/is/will be fixed on the controller support addition in the next update and should be good to go relatively soon.

14. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    An upadte for this game, as well as BiA 3, is long overdue.

15. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    #2055 ictoanen, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Does anyone have some tips for the fourth Escape mission (chapter 3)? Once I get the grenade launcher I just die. While getting into the van I usually get shot a couple of times and once the van doors open I am dead meat in a matter of seconds. It makes me wish there was a checkpoint system so I don't have the replay the entire mission time and time again.

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I used that level to upgrade both heavy weapons. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. You just need to be a good shot with the Slak. I used to pick off all the enemies from the rooftop before running up to the van. Get through the three individual enemies with full health and focus on picking off a couple from the first group right before you get in the van. Then just make your shots count with the Slak. Unless you're already low on health you should have the time since you know where the enemies will be coming from.

17. PRAETORRIDUS ANIMUS

PRAETORRIDUS ANIMUS Active Member

Dec 15, 2014
  18. dontonka

dontonka Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Indie Game Developer (www.naturalbornsoldier.com)
    Montreal, Canada
    Nice game, but still no MFi controllers :(.

Over the year I got frustrated about GL, which is the main publisher of FPS on mobile, and I just decided to build my own FPS game for fun. Crazyyy :)? Most than normal people for sure :) lol. Have a look in Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games if you are curious.

Natural Born Soldier

And I'm not trying to steal GL gamer, just to inform them there will be something little bit different coming soon, they can choose :).

Cheers,
    Eric

19. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Update just went live. They added new stuff like a new class and weapons but it's now FREE TO PLAY. From being marketed a a premium game they've changed their mind. Not buying anything from them ever again

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Are you sure? Has the price-tag changed to free? Appshopper isn't listing the changes yet. When you say free to play, do you mean the IAPs...'coz they've been in the game for a while. If this has timers and whatever now, I'll gladly save the 700 mbs it takes to update and just delete the game.