Bummer for ps4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by bramblett05, Feb 21, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    All your digital and disc ps3 games won't play on ps4. Read the story on ign. So guess dont sell the ps3 yet.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    There was no chance discs and digital were going to work. Ps3 has cell and ps4 has x86

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Honestly, even without this issue and what sounds like will probably be even stricter things on both next gen systems on used games, I really wasn't all that impressed with Sony's presentation. It may have more power but don't think we're going to see a huge leap graphically. I wouldn't be surprised if both the PS4 and Xbox 720 are relative flops. To me it's going to probably be more about the games that would have to be convincing and less about the "features" on the systems.

I could care less about the social aspects Sony emphasized.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    That's like social features on iOS I don't care about those just wanna play my game. Funny how the head guy of Sony said they lost a crap load of money and will take a decade to get it all back but then all you show is social stuff and a few videos? Not to mention the killzone stunt for ps3 release video now a new one.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Perfect. Then I will have at least an excuse why I`m not giving away my PS3. Kudos to Sony for actually making it this time easier to keep their old Console too :)

6. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I never sell my old consoles and I would never sell my PS3 even if the PS4 is backward compatible

7. My 25 foot hdmi cable is starting to look even sexier now, at least I *think* all 7000 games of mine should work, but who knows, maybe EA will buy them all, and then they will all be completely pulled.

My precious...

8. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I read somewhere that they were considering seeing if they could get digital games to work on the PS4. They'd have to be emulated of course. I think it was Shuhei Yoshida that made the comment.

Wonder if PS2 games would work now? Seems like they should be able to emulate them without much difficulty.