Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Finally 100% and top 15.
    Still pissed with the motherland tweak messing with Some top scores :)

2. TurboK

TurboK Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Halotla: Congrats and cheers! I also got the Joker Baron IV 2min star today, finally. Started feeling unlucky when i clocked 2:11 and 2:06 before getting it right.

I also made it to top 15, and I admit that I haven't played Motherland after timing 1:40 before the latest update. I watched the video, and decided that I don't have the time/motivation to start polishing it, looks time demanding.

I wouldn't mind if I had to learn the track in the future, but mostly I feel sorry for those who didn't have JB4 unlocked before the latest update. I wouldn't have had the chance to "enjoy" JB4 yet, either. :)

The game is ridiculously addicting, I love it!!

3. Staeit

Staeit Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Haha, I played for a bit, was #1 in both Baron & Domovoi for awhile. I guess you took over as #1 on domovoi. CBA to improve it though :p - looks like I'm still #1 for Baron in free though.
    Yeah, I'd like to see the Motherland level removed and re-added, so that the scoring is unaffected. Currently sitting at 6th place now; I obviously did Motherland the "cheap" way, but only got 1m40s with Baron (I could easily have shaved off 20-25s which would have probably moved me up to 2nd or 3rd place with Baron). Either way, I think it would be best if the points from that level were nullified so that the points had to be earned fairly, and re-added.

Any comments from the developer?

Aside: I put up a half decent video of Joker Baron 4 (God bless xmas holidays so we can do useless things like record ourselves playing Bike Baron!) on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz2P2C3KvPI

My personal record is 1m28s, coulda been close except for two very silly crashes just before the checkpoint and the end.

Anybody know what the current record for Joker Baron 4 is?

4. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    For everyonw wondering Motherland exploit has been fixed in Update 3!!!

5. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Actually my Last was motherland at 5:45, So no Time to beat my 1:57 on JB4 yet. 1:28 looks good obviously.
    Motherland is a lot of fun and i believe very competitive when it comes to score optimisation, harder than JB4 on this point i think. But this is if everyone plays the same level. Obviously We will be far from 1:20 or 1:40

Cheers and HNY / HF

6. Staeit

Staeit Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #1006 Staeit, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    Yeah, but that doesn't fix the issue that some people (myself included) got impossible times before update 3 was released. My time of 1m40s unfairly inflated my score so I am ranked higher than I should be; anybody ahead of me most likely has a better [also unfair] time on motherland.

Looks like Tetru2 has 1m20s on jb4 which is slightly better than my own. I'm curious on how many people have 3-starred JB4? Would be cool to see more comparison stats between users :)

7. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

8. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
  9. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

New levels should be coming soon and the rest of the team are slowly coming back from holidays and starting to work on more substantial updates. Will keep you informed, in the meantime you can

Vote for us at Best App Ever Awards, if you like Bike Baron and want to support us! http://bestappever.com/v/ragm

10. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Someone's gettin banned...

11. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Just did 1:22 on JB4. Still hoping for leaderboard Motherland fix to climb in top15...

12. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Any news on Update 4? Succeded in getting the "No crash finish" on Kings Castle,but the times seem impossible for now :(

13. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    OK, done a hopefully lower lag version of my level.

Remember,there are yellow checkpoints so I recommend you play with Domovoi on the first run.

BM83
    bikebaron://BM83

14. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    If someone's obsessed with leaderboards, Motherland exploit is a cause for some serious heartburn.

But then I have no desire to compete with guys like you who have 1:20 on JB4. I have got the third gold star on that one by 0.02 seconds or something. And have absolutely no desire to torment myself to better that score :)

But the third star of Motherland is proving difficult too. I keep messing up those 2 long wheelie sections. Haven't discovered a reliable way to not crash at the end. As such, the couple of times I have nailed it, I have goofed up elsewhere. Honestly, Motherland is just a series of 7 to 8 "Hard" level tracks stitched one after another, making it "Extreme".

15. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    who?

16. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    It's very unfair that you have to compete with the likes of real racing and reckless racing and the other games there. :(

17. TurboK

TurboK Member

Jan 3, 2012
    1:22 on JB4? Or Tetru2 1:20? Wow, that's smooth! My record is 1:36 (yesterday), and there were no "big" flaws or unintended crashes, maybe there's about 5 secs to shave but I think I'm pretty much done with the track, for now. Tightening the time would require some serious risk-taking (and lower probability of reaching finish), at least with my technique.

I think, personally, that JB4 is in all it's infernal nature the most rewarding track in the game. It is learnable, but you need plenty of time to get your "percentages of passing" better for all the hardest sections. The video posted a couple of days ago tells more than a thousand words. Gave me some good tips, also ;)

I also think the joker cat/-baron level system makes it harder and harder to, eventually, reach this great track. So I hope there won't be many new extreme tracks per update, if any. They can't be added after JB4, can they?

18. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Just wanted to share That close to perfect JB4 run in 1:06 :) i might not try to make better now !!
    Cheers, cant Wait for motherland to be fixed to compete with top leaderboard :)

19. TurboK

TurboK Member

Jan 3, 2012
    That's an amazing time, congrats! There should be a "Follow Ghost" button, so that you could just sit back and enjoy your greatest runs (no need to try to keep up with your ghost). Seriously!

20. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Utter madness! :eek:

But well done. It must be a super-perfect run. Hitting everything at the right angles and at the right speed.