Legendary Outlaw-FPS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by chase123, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    Enter the world of Kaufman; an immersive FPS action shooter for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad platform. Legendary Outlaw brings you one step closer to a heart wrenching action shooter where you play an outlaw willing to do anything necessary to obtain fortune and fame. As Colt Kaufman, you'll struggle through a storyboard of levels designed to test your abilities to become the legendary outlaw.

Game Features:

- Feeling curious? Freely explore twelve highly detailed environments that take you from breaking out of your jail cell, to hiding out in the foothills with bandits, and finally to roaming the caverns of Kaufman.
    - Dual weapons support. Why holster one weapon when you can hold a weapon in each hand? Dual weapons allow you to bring massive fire power to your enemies!
    - Ninja-like gameplay! Perform interactive real-time stealth assasinations by sneaking in the dark and performing instant kills to your enemies from behind.
    - To close for comfort? Go mano-y-mano with your opponents with brawl fights!
    - Had a bad day? Mow down enemies using a revolver, shotgun, sawed-off double-barrel, and/or gatlin gun.
    - Got a light on you? Kill two birds or three with dynamite and moltov cocktails.
    - What time is it? Perform bullet-time action moves by running up walls or executing barrel roll moves - "Lethal Weapon Style".

For more information, visit www.gametonguesoftware.com

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWYTWUAtDxM

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

Welcome to Toucharcade forums. Congrats on your upcoming game.

The game looks very promising with good 3d modeling, lighting and sound effects The gunplay doesn't look that great to be honest, and the controls and handling seem awkward. Then again, this might not be the final build.

You might want to do some beta testing before putting this out the door. Ask these guys for help:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=468

Good luck with your game, and don't forget to promote to as many sites as possible!

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It certainly looks interesting (nice lighting by the way), but I'd say there still is alot that needs to be fixed/tweaked/changed. (the controlls, the ammount of stuff the enemys say (SHUT THE F UP. SERIOUSLY. (sorry for that)), the UI, ... )

4. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    OMFG this game has a fcking wallrun!!!AND ITS AN FPS...It looks really good but it looks like it has many bugs but am pretty sure this is beta or something

5. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Looks good but still needs some work. If you work out the kinks with the controls and animation this may be a pretty cool call of juarez clone :D

6. seanunited97

seanunited97 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    School
    Internet
  7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Looks promising but still needs a lot of polish before release. The character animations need the most work, especially when they are being shot.

EDIT: I love the variety of guns though. :)

8. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    I am not making this game,I just found out about it in youtube and I thought to post it here so that everyone knows about it.

9. gametongue

gametongue New Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Excellent feedback and suggestions!

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions. And thank you, chase123, for posting the Legendary Outlaw video!

Regarding the game. Yes, it is currently in beta and Game Tongue is working out the kinks and trying to finalize some of the loose ends.

But I cannot tell you how encouraging this post has been and the critique is very well taken! Though we are an indie developer and at times the the budget can be limited, our focus is to ensure that we make a strong game before release.

Please feel free to provide more feedback and\or contact me directly!

10. zombiesmoke

zombiesmoke Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Wall-running cowboys?!
    YES!
    The only issue here for me are the sticky controls but I'm sure you guys will fix that.
    Can't wait to play it.:D

11. Ryan Dale

Ryan Dale Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Looks cool. When is the projected Android release?

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    A broken version was released accidentally (I'm almost certain). The official release date, according to the dev's website, is Monday November 28.

13. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #14 Brrobotix, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Hopefully they fix the controls before release. I love the dual wielding system and the weapons, but the ai and controls seem incredibly awkward. Maybe they'll add some sort of auto-aim feature? I normally don't advocate that but I think they could use it. Also, seems like the controls aren't very responsive. I hope that's not the case on release as well.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Considering that the version released didn't even let you throw a punch, I have to wonder where your "impressions" come from.

15. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I didn't play it, I just watched the gameplay video on the first page. And yeah, it might not be as awkward as it seems, but usually the people playing the game in the videos they release are very good or at least familiar with the controls so that it makes the game look better. So if that was a skilled player... Yeah the controls must be THAT awkward.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That video is over two months old. My guess is that it was either an alpha or a early beta build.

17. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Well that's a relief. I'm sure they've polished it up well by now.

18. Mustache Games

Mustache Games Active Member

Nov 20, 2011
    We work together on creating extraordinary, user f
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Hey, you got a very interesting game coming up!
    We liked your graphics, they are really nice, great work!

What platform are you developing your game on? Is it UDK?

19. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It's out! Not sure whether to buy yet, I think it might be beter to wait for impressions.