Revamping our word game - BetterLetter

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by layzerboy, Dec 13, 2012.

1. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    Hey! Thanks for pointing it out.

By right it shouldn't pop up for iPads because its an iPhone app. Not sure why it didn't pop up in your initial search though. We tried it on our end and it showed up. So just hoping that it was one of those momentary iTunes glitches that we have become accustomed to. Haha.

Btw, I had your app installed for a long time now and only got down to playing it yesterday. I LOVE IT! I like the fact that it has that old school video game music. Quite different from the other apps out there.

Only problem I had was the sensitivity of the movement. Maybe give players the option of decreasing the sensitivity? Other than that it's great!

2. layzerboy

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    We are almost there! Another day of testing and fixing minor issues and the update should be live on the App Store by next week! Can't wait for everyone to try it and start playing. Here's a (very) raw footage of one of our team members trying out the game! The bot is very cheeky, we must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux6ojJc1nh8

3. layzerboy

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    And as usual, we come across waaaaay more bugs than we had expected. Online game play still needs to be perfected so I'm adding in another day to the timeline for the project. Let's just hope it doesn't take any longer!

It wasn't surprising that it's the nitty gritty stuff that kept causing the revamped app to crash. If I have learnt anything from all the projects till now is that mentally it's better to add a week to the timeline in mind for any major update or app release. :( Who agrees!

4. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

None of this matters once Letterlicious hits the store shelves.

5. layzerboy

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    GREAT NEWS! It has finally been done. The revamped version of BetterLetter has now been uploaded to the app store. If all goes well, we all should be playing, learning and enjoying ourselves next week!

Thanks to everyone who gave their input and tried to help the BetterLetter team out. Each idea brought us one step closer. Yet, this is just the beginning!

:D

6. layzerboy

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    Ok, so while I impatiently wait for my app to be (hopefully) approved & be ready for sale, I have been looking around the forum for some nice & different apps. Came across this app called Ice Math Ninja: Zero

Quite interesting, I must say. Definitely a must if you have children (especially with the parental lock feature)! Once I started playing I got hooked as well because even though you can quickly do the math, it gets quite tricky to not touch the different numbers because of which you lose or you need to play real fast for some. Try it out here if you have the time
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ice-math-ninja-zero-free/id541794723 ;)

7. layzerboy

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    So we are planning to run a contest for people who play betterletter. In short, the person who submits the highest word prowess score wins (have a special prize in mind as well).

Make sure you participate! Won't be disappointed when we finally launch! ;)

Also would appreciate any other interesting ideas for the contest :)

Good luck to everyone!

8. layzerboy

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    Hello everyone!

The revamped version of BetterLetter (v 2.0) is now live on the app store! Expect better gameplay, user interface, smoother online play, a word of the day feature, facebook integration & much more.

We would like to give out 25 promo codes here for anyone to enjoy the game & play. I hope you will support us in return by liking us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BetterLetterApp) & telling friends & family about the all new BetterLetter.

6MWHM346ME9J
    X4EJJ6KKJP3R
    HNJ9MR4PHFFK
    77X3K3EP4FMR
    4N74WT9PE76K
    E6776K3MHJLR
    EJ7JWLHT6XXL
    YJK76F4NP4XR
    RR3JEYMYTLFX
    T93JHYN9H7XF
    39LE7XR6RNN3
    NRN77RALMLHT
    NM463M49L49L
    J6937TPYYHAR
    HTFMFLK6WX3A
    JW7EPPHKM6KW
    RW93NE4YWR96
    PR7NPHT7P7KP
    MKFRRXPWHKL9
    7JFEWFWTJWYN
    JLYMH4LE93TM
    AYXAFXAXL9F4
    9PFPM9WLT9RJ
    N7KFMJW4MKLH
    EYTRFYTATA3N

To add on to the fun we are also launching a contest that will go live on 26th January (tomorrow) and you can win yourself the all new iPad mini. All you have to do is:

1) Like Us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BetterLetterApp)
    2) Submit a screenshot of your copy of BetterLetter showing off your Word Prowess score at www.edenpod.com/contests

The player with the highest word prowess at the end of 14th February, 2013 wins himself the all new iPad mini! What a great Valentine's Day for your loved one.

So play on & good luck fellow word nuts! :D

Download BetterLetter from http://itunes.apple.com/app/id426913117