What do you think is the best tilt base game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dfets, Jan 20, 2012.

1. dfets

dfets Active Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sorcerer
    Jakarta - Indonesia
    Hi all...

I am a big fan of Mega Jump, but I've finished all the task there. Could anybody recommend me another worthy tilt base game (gyro/accelerometer)? Doesn't have to be jumping or falling type, just anything using tilt.

T.i.a.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well since you've played Mega Jump which is freemium I think, you'd love Temple Run. Any racing game is good i.e. Real Racing 2. Tilt to Live is a classic and fricking awesome. Any ball roller works well with tilt, my favs are Labyrinth 2, Crazy Hedgy and Dark Nebula 1&2

3. ScorpionBlues

ScorpionBlues New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Plants Vs Zombies,
    Awesome Graphics and very very unique gameplay, it stands out from just classic tower distance :)

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Tilt to Live: a classic and endless fun guaranteed. Best game ever for me on iOS

5. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    This was going to be my choice - dual stick shooter without the dual sticks. Best tilt game out there (not quite best game ever)

6. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Tilt to Live is the only one I play. I dislike tilt-based games and avoid them, but Tilt to Live is too good to pass up.

7. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    My Top 5
    1. Dead Space
    2. Real Racing 2
    3. Aralon
    4. Galaxy on Fire
    5. Fifa 2012

8. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Cosign

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    SuperBlox. I think its free too. There is "IAP" but all you need to do to get it is watch a few 20 second videos.

10. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    #10 lumothesinner, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    So do you prefer tilt control on fifa or the buttons???

Real Racing 2and GOF are tilt, but what are the others doing there?

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Tilt to Live and Labyrinth 2.

12. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    :( sorry, my bad english :D

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    This guy gets the question.

This guy does not.

BTW, +1 for TtL.

14. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    The dark nebula series... Also air penguin

15. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #15 GoofyJmaster., Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    Well, I typically hate tilt controls, but there are a few games that I think really make it work.

Dark Nebula (+1)
    Sploosh
    Crazy Hedgy
    Riptide GP
    Streetbike: Full Blast
    The labyrinth game I got back in '09. I forget what it's called though--gotta look!
    Edit
    Labyrinth lol
    Ima add Labyrinth 2 too
    Tilt to Live

16. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    No contest at all here. Crazy Hedgy 100%. They nailed tilt-controls there, making them fun and easy to use, highly intuitive. No other game has done that for me before yet as well as that game. Best tilt controls on the platform.

17. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Tilt to live?

TtL is honestly the best game out there that takes advantage of tilt-controls on iOS devices... I mean come on.

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I'm weird when it comes to how I make my lists. I liked it a lot when I played it, but it doesn't beat out the ones I mentioned IMO.

TBH, I guess it would be the next game I listed. Trying to explain my thought process on the forum is usually a lost cause. But in short, I'm weird and picky about games. For instance, you'll see no happiness or thrill about Soul Calibur on iOS come from me, even though I acknowledge it looks good.

19. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I dont think it was ported well and I have/had all the SC games on my PS2. I don't mean to sound like a bug, just voicing my opinion. Your list is fine though, just that the one game that depends entirely on tilting wasnt mentioned lol.

20. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Not to really hijack this thread but...

I'll be sounding sorta double standard-ish because I like both The Bard's Tale and Kingo of Dragon Pass, but I'm not the biggest fan of ports on iOS, especially when thy're not tailored to iOS. Fighting games like SF4, SC, KOF will always feel off on iOS' touchscreen. It will also be weird for me playing a port on a smaller screen.

Here's the thing though, there are games that can easily be ported and almost seem like they were originally made for iOS--KoDP, The Bard's Tale, Lumi.

Plus, I'll never agree with super high pricing for virtual content, especially when it's a port. I'd rather pay more for a fully functional and non-IAP IB2 than a Soul Calibur port.

I also don't want to pay more for a game on an iPod than its worth on XBLA or PSN or PSP.

Do I think prices should be raised? Yes, but no more than I think that Apple should weed out or better organize the AppStore. The market is ignorantly over saturated. If games were only increased by a dollar or two and the market didn't include every game that doesn't blow up your neighborhood, good devs would get noticed more and hopefully make more revenue.

I added it to my list!