[FREE GAME] Nova!

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by viirax, Oct 23, 2014.

1. viirax

viirax New Member

Oct 23, 2014

[​IMG]
    NOVA!
    The second game by Droplay.
    In nova you play Gloo. Gloo is the king of colors.
    Gloo posses a crown that allows him to change his color to any one of the 4 colors in the galaxy.
    You can control Gloo's color using the crown to match the portals he'll meet throughout his endless journey through space.
    Help Gloo get as far as he can so he can be proud of his journey!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droplay.nova

Let us know what you think! :)

2. sterlingware

sterlingware Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Developer
    Canada
    Nice game. I downloaded and played it. Was able to get to a score of 45. Love the art and the pixel-y look of everything. Nova is a cute little character. What's it supposed to be?

One comment - it wasn't obvious to me that you need to touch and hold the color down in order to let Nova change. This meant that as a beginner I was tapping the color expecting Nova to color-shift and nothing would happen and I would die at Gate 1. I suggest a small little icon/pointer at the start of every game telling the player to "touch and hold to change colors".

Other than that, I like the 4 colors you picked. At higher speeds, I am challenged to figure out blue from purple and it makes the game more entertaining. Great job!

3. sterlingware

sterlingware Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Developer
    Canada
    Jus noticed that I was calling your main character "Nova". I meant "Gloo". :)

4. Turboshroom

Turboshroom Member

Oct 24, 2014
    This looks really nice. Will definitely download this later.

5. Turboshroom

Turboshroom Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Well I did try it. And it really good! The music is nice, art is nice, and the gameplay is also something you don't see everyday. Did you make the music yourself? Oh and somehow the the main menu alignment is a bit off (on my nexus 7 2012), is it like that on purpose?