Sending adhoc builds of your game to reviewers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by EndeavorBros, Nov 18, 2009.

1. EndeavorBros

EndeavorBros Active Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Hey all,

I just submitted a game to the app store and i want to send out some an adhoc build of my game to reviewers. I just have one question. In order to make and send an adhoc build to another person, do you need their guid id or can they just receive your build and then make the change themselves?

Let me know.

Thanks.

2. You must have their UDID in advance and add it to an Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile in the iPhone Developer Portal.

Then download and install that Provisioning Profile and build your app with it.

Many review sites publish 1 or 2 UDIDs on their submissions page, and others will give you a UDID if you ask them.

3. mbrandonw

mbrandonw Well-Known Member

Make sure to also supply your ad hoc distribution profile with your .app file/folder. Otherwise the receiver will get an error when they try to sync it with iTunes.

4. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    As a reviewer and tester, I suggest you leave the build in a private download page with the app and the provision file. Some people have complained of the file getting corrupted and downloaded incorrectly when sent over email. It ensures all testers and reviewers can get the latest updated version, since the old ad hoc distributions won't work.

If you have found people to test the app/game, send them a promocode ASAP so they can add the review in itunes. This is crucial for reviewers that don't like begging for codes.