Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Yeah it is annoying me. I have done it with no crash before except only to get that first checkpoint. But now that I cant get to that point it's frustrating

2. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Also Medium number 32 "the circuit". The point where you go up on the ice to get the spinning stack of coins, Where there is the dead end of barrels just after. You need the checkpoint to get up the top to finish the level?

3. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    I thought the latest update was supposed to be Retina optimized for iPad. After the splash screen, nothing else is Retina and looks quite bad tbh.

4. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

We know about the problem, it's our mistake. It affects only 4G iPads. Quick update to fix it was submitted 2 days ago so should be out next week. Sorry about the inconvenience.

5. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    I'm loving the update so far and here is a question that I have. Would it be possible to upload the music for this game? I like the music, especially the song that plays on the level selection screen. This would be awesome to have to play many, many times on my iPod.

6. Mike summers

Mike summers Member

Nov 15, 2011
    1 stubborn gebetto left to find :(

7. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    The Circuit is surely a bug.

This whole no-check-point business is a little too forced really. It removes all levels like "The Circuit" where you spawn somewhere like Night-crawler out of the equation. Riggysmalls on TA had made a brilliant level utilizing this mechanic. Will never see those kind of levels in the game with no-checkpoints. Maybe they should call the no-checkpoint difficulty level as "really few checkpoints" difficulty level :)

8. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think there are only 2 levels out of all 100+ that don't work without checkpoints so we will just enable checkpoints on them I guess or solve it in some other way. I still like the no checkpoint settings as even for me (after developing and playing the game for almost 2 years on "daily" basis) the game felt as something new. I guess it puts the extra pressure on and the cost of failure even on very simple levels is much higher, which makes reaching the finish feel more rewarding as well. Kinda reminds me of crazy hard games that I used to play as a kid, like Titus the Fox, Commander Keen, etc.

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    A simple solution is to have three levels of difficulty and call them "Easy", "Normal" and "Hell". That ways you can have the checkpoints in JB4 and Circuit and still not flout the name "No-checkpoint"

Personally, I think apart from JB4, Motherland and Way of the Sun, I have completed all levels without crashing. (Not necessarily while achieving all star-objectives) The no-checkpoint difficulty is realllly super duper extreme for the extreme levels and some of the hard levels. If anyone in the world manages to get all stars on this, please let the folks at guinness book of world records know.

10. Mike summers

Mike summers Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I can't find the last cat it's driving me crazy!!! Lol please somebody help me if you got them all and cure my OCD

11. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Not sure if this is a bug in the game, but I have found all 6 golden gebettos and every time I close the app and re open it it doesn't show that I got it so is saying I only have 5/6.
    So without giving away which level it is in, in order of the levels that you find the gebettos in it is the second last one. Really frustrating I've collected it like 6 times now but still having the same problem. Is this happening to anyone else?

12. konstantin_ilin

konstantin_ilin Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    The same problem. Reported to the BB guys and they promised to fix it in coming update.

13. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Thank you Spidey! I love making levels in this game and am currently working on a cool new one that has yet to be posted. If anyone is interested in the level he is talking about its called Frost Nova and the code is: BZB7

Also, I can't wait for the User Created Level Browser that Qwiboo discussed awhile ago:)!

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Love the new backgrounds and how you cleverly intergrated them into old levels!!!

15. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    But please put in iCloud support! It is a must espesially now with the new iPad.

16. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Several of us at Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo picked up new iPads as well so we're well aware of how useful this would be. We must play this one carefully, though, having seen how a poorly implemented cloud save can be a nightmare for both players and developers. Stay tuned. :)

17. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    I am keen to know if anyone has found this "easter egg". If so any hints as to where it is are appreciated ;)

18. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I found them'all :D

[​IMG]

19. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I absolutely agree. I would rather not have this feature than risk losing progress. And I do have both ipod and an iPad. If you do release the update with iCloud support, I ain't gonna update till people on forums here confirm that they aren't losing data. IB and LoE2 really made a mess of it with iCloud.

20. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    But even without iCloud you could loose your save,if sth happens with your iDevice.That's why before/after every update I backup my save :D