Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i want to try out this game online.... my time is gmt-4 and it's 9:47 atm.... depending on what days i work i will either play at nights or in the morning

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Has anyone actually played an online race that wasn't lagged? All of mine (albeit only a few) have been, and they were only 1v1 - I haven't even been able to get into a race with 3 or 4 players.

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i haven't even found an opponent yet!

4. freestyle

freestyle Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Seems that the mission of 'Win multiplayer match' clean the count to zero everytime you get in the game. It's hardly to win 10 or 20 even 100 matchs in one time you run the game.

Why it cant be accumulated like other missions?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still havent figured this out and my patience is running a bit thinner everytime i look at the missions page.

6. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I will check this.
    I think it should be accumulated.

7. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    It is a nice game, but everytime I want to play multiplayer, it crashes. Single player also crashes every now and then. I didn't read through the whole topic, but will it be fixed in the next version?
    And another question, is it possible to unlock Helena without buying her?

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The crash issues have been fixed on my ipod touch 4g. There are occasional slowdowns, usually in multiplayer, but no crashes since the update. Have you cleared your cache and restarted the device?

Helena is only unlockable through IAP now. I dont know if the devs will make her purchaseable with in-game currency in the future. Maybe... I hope, in a promo someday :)

9. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    For some reason, it works perfectly now.

So forget everything I said ::)

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I recently bought an iPhone and although I bought Helena on my iPad right when the game was released, she's not unlocked on my iPhone. How do I proceed? Thanks.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for bumping this thread. In all honesty, i think this runner is still top3 (if not best) of the best runner games for the iOS.

Unfortunately, I never play female characters ever, so i wont be able to answer the Helena question. Although the way I understand it, once youve purchased something, you could restore them for future devices, or when the save gets reset on reinstall. Not sure how that goes with this one though.

12. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I agree, I really like this game too (it's quite expensive now as I see btw lol).

Anyway I had an Android phone so I'm new to this new device thing, but I have some apps with IAP purchases (no games, mostly photo and medical apps) and they have a 'restore purchases' button that works just fine. When I click on Helena on this game, it asks me if I want to buy her for 0.99 so I don't know if I'll be charged again. Thanks for the reply tho :)

13. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Just try to purchase the unlock again. There will be a message that will pop up to tell you that you don't need to pay or this iap since you have already purchased it before.

14. SocialButterfly99

Mar 26, 2012
    I thought there would be more to it aside from the "runner" game play element... Still an interesting game though.

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Thank you. I was skeptical because my other shared apps with IAPs showed me I had bought the item right after connecting to itunes. This one asked me 'do you want to buy Helena for 0.99?' after connecting, and only after I clicked 'ok' it showed the popup I already had her, so it kinda made me think I was buying her again. It'd be no biggie but it was a bit unlike the other apps since I had to click 'ok' on the question asking if i wanted to pay 0.99 for Helena.

Thanks a ton!

16. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Helena needs an alternate outfit like the others do. I have to wonder if this really IS endless, considering that, as far as I've seen, the environment doesn't loop.

17. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Is this really endless or is there an end where you fight the Dark Dragon, for example?

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think the dev mentioned endless before... but i never really got past the bridge scene.

After all this time, this is still a pretty solid side-scrolling runner to have right beside Rayman Rush, God of Blades, Ronin, Polara, Banana Kong, JJ, Time Surfer and Infinite Warrior.

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    A 100% Amen !

Gonna dl right now with pleasure, again, and let myself surprized
    if it fits to the iphone5...

PS: and Canabalt and Blood Roofs !

20. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    #420 Johnny1st, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Are there devs here who could confirm it is endless?

And which bridge scene did you mean?