Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. attaboyBrad

attaboyBrad Member

Oct 25, 2011
  2. tinchka

tinchka Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Australia
    thanx, finally got it! managed to get it in about 28 seconds too, which gave me the 3 stars!

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
  4. eflix

eflix Member

Oct 31, 2011
    design
    norway
    me too..

waiting for the update

5. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    No one thinks you're marketing sports enhancers, even though that's your company's and Youtube channel's stated purpose: "product penetration"

6. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

But on more serious note now, we just finished adding all new stuff and fixes into next update and are going to test it thoroughly now. Once that is done we will submit to Apple and hopefully it will be on your devices within few moments after that! More info on the update coming very soon ;)

7. Grubjelly

Jun 19, 2009
    #607 Grubjelly, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    EDIT #2:

Youtube video of Extreme 1, King's Castle completed in 28.315 seconds (3 stars, 2 crashes) on iPod Touch:

http://youtu.be/YmzCucqgVOM

Last edit:

iPod Touch gameplay video of Hard level #11 "Sawbones" completed with all coins gotten and no crashes (time 52.392)
    http://youtu.be/LG6e2Q2KhqY

Same level in under 30 seconds (third star) but without the coins:
    http://youtu.be/qigpr1bobEA

Edit #3

iPod Touch gameplay video of Joker Cat 3 finished in 01:27.558 without crashing (zero restarts):
    http://youtu.be/eeax1lHfZ0g

8. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    How do you get all stars for easy final level besides joker?

9. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Do you have a list of fixes? I'm interested to hear if you've fixed the utterly horrendous use of checkpoints, for example.

10. Grubjelly

Jun 19, 2009
    #610 Grubjelly, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
    What kind of fixes? Is it possible that the Dragon Teeth interact with the bike differently on some installations? I'm finding that it doesn't behave the same way as in the iPad video someone posted in this thread.

Not that the level shouldn't be fiendishly difficult, but often the bike acts very glitchy during quick reverse adjustments and falls through the "teeth" instead of climbing back up into the right position.

Also, there are some weird physics, on display in the following screenshot (different level, Vladimir), which thankfully don't kick in too often but should be fixed anyway.

(iPod Touch 4 running iOS 5.0.0)
    [​IMG]

The features I look forward to in the update are level replays (either local or uploadable) and a way to sync level-star progress and composite score between Gamecenter and my device [I foolishly rage-deleted Bike Baron on account of a certain track, after getting 100% on easy and medium, 77% on hard, and 33% on extreme, but I reinstalled and am now playing again with no chance of getting any achievements (there's only one for getting every star in the game) or improving the ~143k composite score without that data updated again.]

Lastly, before I deleted the app, I noticed that passing two separate levels for the first time had no affect on score, so I have no idea whether the composite score accurately reflected overall performance; since the ranking differential between the 143k and 144-145k was over several hundred gamecenter spots in that range alone, I'd definitely like to know for sure that all star and level time improvements are getting their due credit within this novel scoring/ranking system. I have no problem being ranked only 200-300 as long as the newfangled, composite scoring system is working. Otherwise it would have been better to have at least Total Time leaderboards for the four difficulty tiers, if not for individual levels.

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
  12. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Is the testing almost finished?

13. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Update 1 has been submitted to Apple for approval! Get ready to try out Domovoi :)

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Great, thank you very much for the (fast) response!!!

15. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    I really wish this game worked on 2nd gen!! I really really want this!!!!!!!

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've been away from iOS gaming the past few weeks, but I saw this earlier today and slid right back in. So I figured I'd stop by to say... this game is win.

17. tinchka

tinchka Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Australia
    Joker Baron 4

Finally Completed JB4! only took like 2h 24min! now to give my hands a break... *satisfied*

[​IMG]

18. tinchka

tinchka Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Australia
    #618 tinchka, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    My Stats

Also, here are my stats for the game

[​IMG]

19. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    Featured Level - Way of Sun

Ladies and Gentlemen! Tonight (and/or Today) we have a special treat for you: A brilliantly and crazily excellent level named Way of Sun made by none other than great Aigledor himself!

[​IMG]

This level is long, this level is pretty, this level is challenging. It took me 18 minutes 48 seconds and some pieces of second to finish and I enjoyed every meter/feet of it!

Warning: This level is hard. And long. And fun!

20. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Multipoint post:

1. Please give a checkpoint after the second set of teeth in Dragon's Teeth! I have finished that level with 1.31... and have been trying to get under 1.30 for a week now.... My hands are fixated in a claw position now.

2. Please give the option of seeing the score on the homescreen without having Wi-Fi

3. Are you guys improving the track sharing system? Is there a central-rated-track-repository that you guys are maintaining? I remember someone had started a blog...

4. How about a competition for, say, 10 best user-created-tracks? That would be fun.