Will there be a Christmas Sale on the App Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DigitalB33R, Dec 3, 2010.

1. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I didnt know that my dad was getting 2 free iPads until a couple days ago, if I knew during Black Friday I could have saved some bucks like games that cost $6 would only have cost $1 during that week.

So will there be another sale during christmas? and Im mostly talking about games like Fruit Ninja, PvZ, Flight Control, etc...

I might also get some apps on my touch.

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    The app store is closed to developers from the 23rd to the 27th (I think, I'm not sure of the exact date) so Christmas day sales are out of the question. However, I do think that Christmas season sales are very likely on a lot of big games. Gameloft had one of their quarterly 99c sales last Christmas, I believe. Just don't expect every game on your wish list to drop to 99c.

3. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    The app store may be closed but i thought releases can be pre scheduled?

I think without a doubt there will be more sales before christmas and even a new year sales :)

4. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    @Rad

Developers are able to set when they want an app to become available once approval is done with iTunes Connect.

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    EA has already started some Christmas sales some include fifa and the mma game. Its a shame that you missed alot of good sales over the thanksgiving weekend.

There was an awesome thread created by a rather charming fellow, what was his name again ? ................ Oh yeah me :)

6. jnrn66

jnrn66 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I hope so...

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yea you can expect some sales, but you won't be getting sales on fruit ninja Pvz or flight control.

8. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Make sure you make an AppShopper wishlist and keep checking back here and on the Freebies and Deals forums.

9. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Was it magic ?

I can't believe that no one in this thread has asked yet how in the world your dad got two free iPads ! I'd like to know that trick !!! :D

10. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    AND why he has to wait for a sale?! Cheapskates?! Lol just kidding
    It's likely there's going to be sales, maybe not on PvZ or Fruit Ninja as they only just went on sale.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yeah. Tell us about the two free ipads!

12. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    lol, my dad's company gives out lots of free stuff cause he goes on shows and stuff and has contacts with Apple and big companies.

So far hes gotten...
    -2 laptops
    -Windows 7
    -a GPS
    - 2 iPads

yeah think thats all of them.

13. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Superdad!!