Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, to each his own I guess.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I've heard good things about that series, I think I'll check it out. Surely can't be worse than the ones I just watched.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Lol, this is what I thought. JC is probably my worst movie of the year. xD

Different strokes for different folks!

4. Top 5

Dark knight
    Amazing spiderman
    Breaking dawn last one
    The hobbit
    Avengers

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Let me guess, you read all the books.

6. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I haven't seen JC, but I vote Iron Sky for my worst. Only film this year that I left halfway through...

7. Watched The Dark Knight Rises today...it definitely is my most favourite movie from 2012

8. Went to see the new Tarantino film Django Unchained the other day. Thought it was quite good.

Surprisingly there's plenty of humour and Christoph Waltz really steals the show (if a little similar in places to his performance in Inglorious B'sterds).

To describe it, I'd call it a homage to Blazing Saddles with the QT touch of gore and violence thrown in for good measure. Overall you can tell it's a Tarantino film and very enjoyable.

9. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Django was fantastic as well as Dark Knight, although I've yet to see looper which I plan on watching today. Hopefully it's as good as Brick. I didn't like Avengers too much, it's annoying that people think a movie is so great or it's automatically their favorite movie of the year because they threw some Marvel characters together. Anyway Django is still my number 1 at the moment.

10. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Do you like the Flames? #Homeland

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yup, was mine, too, but then I saw The Hobbit, and I'm such a Tolkien geek that it took over TDKR's MOTY spot. :p

12. More of a Sens fan

:eek:

:D

13. Saw Hobbit and Django yesterday. Both were great. The higher framerate thing for hobbit was a little disappointing though. I saw it in 3d, and didn't really notice that much of a difference. I wonder if it was in 2d if it would have been more of a drastic change. Do they evev have a 2d higher framerate version? And did it look a lot better.

Hobbit was great, but not having an ending kind of sucks a little. But wow, the golem looked awesome! It looked so lifelike, that was impressive.

And it was filmed in New Zealand right? Nowadays with apple releasing there, I notice it more. Is New Zealand that green, foresty, and countryside like?

Django was really good too. Pretty funny at times, and pretty serious at times too.

Anyway, I highly recommend both! Both long movies!

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, The Hobbit was great. Probably the most I've laughed in a theater this year since the Avengers. And yeah it does suck having to wait until next year to continue it, especially if you've read the book and know what happens next! xD

But yeah it was all filmed in NZ. Actually the Hobbiton set is a real-life little village in NZ, that you can visit, they give tours and stuff.

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Finally saw Skyfall. I thought it was good, but I'd put the other two Daniel Craig Bond movies above it. My biggest issues with it were
    the 'Bond girl' got killed off too quickly, and she was almost irrelevant to the plot. The main bad guy never really shined- the concept was great, but it felt like a squandered opportunity, though he is much better than a decent portion of older bond villains. They spent too much time in the UK, and chasing Silva around. Also not the biggest fan of how they tried to 'fix' the formula and bring it back to the old Bond formula. The movie also had a tad bit too much action- just didn't feel very well balanced.
    Better than a lot of the other Bond movies, but still... At least it didn't reach Pierce Brosnan/Roger Moore levels of bad. Hopefully they won't make Daniel Craig crack bad jokes in the next movie.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Can't believe some of my friends think Pierce was the best Bond.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    He was.

18. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Eh. He's way too chummy, tacky, and cheesy- IMO.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's the way James Bond is supposed to be. None of this serious Craig BS. Bond is supposed to be silly and over the top.