Replayability? Help Me Out!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by funkynubman, Dec 26, 2009.

1. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Question: Are these games replayable? Tell me why/ why not. I've been considering them for a while and want something that lasts a long time for the money.

-Space Invaders: Infinity Gene
    -Sword of Fargoal
    -Soosiz
    -Defender Chronicles
    -Eliss
    -Must Eat Birds
    -Space Ninja

Plus, if you have any other long-lasting, addictive, or replayable games, please give me the name! Thanks!

2. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    read my sig. :)

3. funkynubman

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Oh yeah, and please don't state the obvious, like Doodle Jump, Canabalt, Minigore, etc.

4. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I can only tell you about Sword of Fargoal and Defender Chronicles, haven't played the others.

Sword of Fargoal is a great little gem of a game in which you have to go through various dungeons to eventually find the Sword of Fargoal and then escape. It has infinite replay value as everytime you play it the dungeons change around. I love the game and I'm so glad I picked it up.

Defender Chronicles does have a fair bit of replay not as much as Sword of Farogal but there from diffrent genres so it's a bit hard to compare them. I haven't really played that much of it, but from what I have played there is a lot of levels and it's quite fun.

Hope that helped you a little bit OP.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Both Assassin's Creed and Avatar have 10 hours of gameplay.

6. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Yeah but 10 hours isn't as long as it seems.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, if you're the typical iPhone gamer, 10 hours is much longer than you think. It's also the length of the average console single player action/adventure title.

Frankly, I don't get the obsession with replayability on this platform. Most games are dirt cheap and dozens come out every month, so once you finish a game there will likely be another one waiting in the wings. I can understand needing strong replayability on a $30-60 console game, but a $2-9 one? It's like going to a movie and expecting to be able to see it again for free, and with different plot turns. Just give me one decent playthrough and I'm happy.

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I've found that I stopped playing SIIG once I unlocked everything

space ninja and Eliss to be honest I haven't gone back to either once I completed. although they are undoubtedly the hardest games I've ever played on any platform, and if you wanna focus on finishing them (as I did :)) they will last quite a while. they're definitely worth the money I spent on them even if they don't last forever

9. funkynubman

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    replayability

I like getting my money's worth in games. Too many short games and i end up going nuts buying all these little worthless games that add up to tons of money.