Shape Shatter - a game about filling progress bars

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by easmussen82, Jun 11, 2012.

1. easmussen82

easmussen82 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2011
    independent iOS developer
    Hello! I'm the developer of New World Colony (big TA thread here) and I just finished and submitted my new game called Shape Shatter.

It's a satire of all the games these days that throw in a 'level up' mechanic to keep players interested. I figured, why not build an entire game where all you do is fill progress bars over and over again?

So in this game players swipe on colorful shapes to find matches and combos, earning XP for every pattern they find and destroy. They complete mini-missions, collect random loot, and unlock power-ups (that can themselves be leveled-up). Basically, anything and everything you do fills one of dozens of progress bars. The result, not surprisingly, is extremely addictive. It's a great way to kill five minutes or zone out for an hour.

It'll be released in a week or so for iOS and it will be free. In the meantime, I'd be happy to answer questions or get people hooked up with an advance copy (just PM me). Also, if you subscribe to this thread or the Facebook Page, you'll be alerted when the app is released.

Here's some promo screenshots. Enjoy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Very interested in this. About a week, you say?

3. easmussen82

Jan 2, 2011
    Thanks! I just saw it entered the review queue, so might be approved faster if they don't find any issues. But I still might hold off for a couple days so reviewers have a chance to take a look at it first.

4. easmussen82

Jan 2, 2011
    So the game has been approved, which means I now have pre-release promo codes! Here's several for people that are interested - just let me know when you grab one so I can cross it off. Also, a trailer.

NR6K7LEFKTMF
    JJKMNK67AKLW
    KR4XMHFPYM97
    T3FEN7JRNXE3