I need help configuring my Adhoc Provisioning file!!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by AppTapper, May 31, 2010.

1. AppTapper

AppTapper Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Student studying IT Networking, Web Design, and Gr
    Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa
    #1 AppTapper, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
    Hello all,

So I used Appmakr to help me design an app that displays feeds and other media from a website I write for. The link for the app can be found here.

Now when i try to publish a test app, it says that I need to configure my Adhoc Provisioning file. It says that i need to choose a developer profile. I finished a dev profile all the way up to the end (I got an email saying "You are now registered as an apple developer"), but I havent purchased it yet because I would like to test this app before I submit it. Now how do I go about getting the .app folder from Appmakr and how do I install it on my idevice? I was wondering if there were any members who have used Appmakr before who can lend a helping hand.

Thanks in advance.

Appmakr can be found here

2. AppTapper

May 31, 2010
    So no one can help me? Bummer...

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Might wanna try to Developers section of the forum. You're asking the receiving end about adhocs :p

4. AppTapper

May 31, 2010
    hmm ok, how do i have a thread moved to that section?

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Just start a new one. A dev'll eventually close this one.

6. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA

I can't help you with your Appmakr questions, but I can atleast tell you where to look on the Apple developers site for further questions about creating an App ID, making provision files, and setting the rest of it up.

I'll warn you, it's not a quick process, but it's not hard either. Just log in to your developers account and go to this link (https://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/distribution/index.action). Start with 'Obtaining your iPhone Distribution Certificate' and work your way down. :)

7. AppTapper

May 31, 2010
    #7 AppTapper, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
    ooo thank you...

EDIT: Clicked the link but page was not found....do you have to pay the $99 first before you can get your distibution certificates and other stuff?

8. Yes, you must be a paid member in order to build for devices, ad hoc or app store.

Otherwise you are limited to building for the simulator.

9. AppTapper

May 31, 2010
    ah that would explain it....well ty for the help all. credit card info is processing...