What's the best Table Tennis game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Qordobo, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I was wondering which was the current best Table Tennis game? I mean those where you touch control "directly" your paddle.

I'm currently tempted by World Cup Table Tennis but I wonder.

2. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Thank you guys, it's the best despite the lack of paddle choice and spin effects? Perhaps elaborate a little on why?

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I'll go with Virtual Table Tennis too. Its just a fun game, The accuracy of your shots will take some practice, but the physics are good. Table tennis isn't meant to be easy in real life anyway, so the game feels pretty realistic.

If you are looking for more cosmetic stuff or a flashy/arcadey presentation, then it may seem slightly plain to you. But its a very good game for $.99, I bet you won't regret it if you decide to buy it.

4. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    You pretty much wrap up what I was about to say! Thnx for not letting me write all of that down! :D

5. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Even only in local club, any Tennis Table player make himself his paddle and here you can't even choose among paddle? That made me this game a little suspect. But with all this unanimity and for 1$, ok sold and thanks for the suggestion.

6. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Ok I get it and played it and I see what you mean by more realistic despite the lack of spin effects and no paddle choice.

The point is that ball speed and trajectories are more tense, making it look a lot more real than for example World Cup Table Tennis, despite this one has spin effects and paddle choices (limited).

I agree on that but also feel it very arcade because of the lack of spin and how it's easy to hit and keep the ball and how fast it is (well real sport is perhaps even faster). I regret there's no block simulation but I could be wrong and haven't found the trick yet.

For difficulty there's no match it's this one I was needing, I like the detailed but non realistic approach of World Cup Table Tennis but it is a lot too easy, too bad that wouldn't be that hard to fix this.

Anyway thanks for the good advice.

7. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    I have buy them all. :eek: Ha well all non fake ie not much and all cheap, and it's definitely the best... but on ipad it doesn't work as well, and the less realistic World Cup Table Tennis works better on the ipad.

The good point of WCTT is that after to have been named "loser" :eek: by VTT I heal a little bit my hurt 'soul' with WCTT which is more polite... and easier to beat. :D

I have some feedback on VTT but I'll post them on game thread. Definitely an excellent advice, even for ipad (even if WCTT suit better the ipad, it hasn't only plus when compared to VTT even on ipad, so get both or stick to VTT is a fine choice too on ipad).

8. Appency

Appency Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    CEO - Appency iPhone Marketing
    California
    #8 Appency, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    The new World Cup Table Tennis for the iPhone / iPod Touch (iPad coming as soon as Apple approves it) has a few cool new features including a new Career and Tournament mode, and 10 unlockable paddles with varying levels of power and spin capabilities. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

9. Supper001

Supper001 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2011
    Sportsman
    You've got my answer.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes, I agree! IMO this is the one to get! Like the sound, realistic, and fast as well! Gotta practice that slice, then you'll be a pro!

11. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    A. why was this thread revived? it has no business being revived.
    B. any table tennis simulation is garbage.

12. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    ???:confused:???:confused:???
    Your point B will definitely offend some people. Virtual Table Tennis is by far the best table tennis sim on iPhone. Realistic graphics, sound and physics. Natural controls... the positive list goes on. Not to mention it's free + add supported and IAP to remove adds.

You could really take a breath and review your statements before posting them.

13. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Definitely right with that! And +1 to you for pointing that out!

14. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    sorry if I offended anyone, I just stated my opinion. but really, I stand by what I said. it's near impossible to capture what makes table tennis awesome in a video game. I have to go now, so I won't elaborate on my opnion, maybe later. I have no doubt that it is good for a table tennis simulation, but imo, you can't have good fake ping pong.

15. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I agree.

16. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yep, Virtual Table Tennis is the best IMO! I actually have the original VTT still, and the differences were the table in the first one was bigger, you could actually manage slices and curve the ball somewhat, and no crowd sound. For some reason I like the old one as well and play it, too. I think the smaller table in the new one is easier as your finger doesn't have to move as far during play.