Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 - still worth to buy?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kablermo, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kablermo

Kablermo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Hey TA folks,

I just wanted to ask something and hear your opinion: Back in my childhood, I had a Playstation (1) with THPS 2 and I have to say...
    I played the living crap out of this game, especially the hangar level.

But since this is a game where good controls are needed, and which's AppStore version is also over 2 years old now...

Is it still worth to buy? How are the controls?

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I bought it a few years ago and I'd say for under 2 bucks it's probably worth it since you were a fan of the PS1 version. They did a decent job translating it to touchscreen and I had some fun reliving it on a portable device.

However, keep in mind it does not support the iPad or the iPhone 5, is very bare bones (no multiplayer or skatepark editor, etc) and has only been updated once right after it came out, so it's probably never going to be updated again. If it were one dollar more I'd say forget it.

Also keep in mind if you are a fan of skateboarding on iOS that True Skate is coming in less than a week for the same price, and looks like it will blow that half-assed TH port out of the water.

My two cents!

3. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I have had it for a while as well. Once you get used to the controls, it's a lot of fun to play. But I heard that there's now a bug where whenever you get to the bullring in career mode, it crashes. Other than that, it's defantly worth $2. IMO

4. iqSoup

iqSoup Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Arizona
    I played the crap out of it too! The best IMO was THPS3--I think my record was 11 million points in a 2 minute run. Wish they had leaderboards back then--thats gotta be near the top!!!

I don't have it but I imagine the IOS port can't be too good--that game absolutely deserves a real controller!!!