Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Its weird,

on Android, there is an event "Concorde Celebration" in Quebec (French City) that the cargo is champagne and the people are dressed just like the paris folks.

Its not repeated on iOS though.

2. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Thank you for your kind offer but Jmac sorted me out :)

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Hey I thought the gifts were over... But surprise! Another 10 bux from Nimblebit tonight. Not complaining :)

Thanks Nimblebit!

4. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    My New Toy

Just showing off my new toy :D

Attached Files:

5. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Nice one Hun, it's pretty cool and makes good profit too :)

Snowbird - I got a birch craft today so gifts are coming :)

6. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    #11486 Merlion, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Planes, names and shades

Hi All, Happy New Year! Back from holidays and I thought I'd chime in on the naming & painting bits.

I do rename my planes, but in a different way from anyone else here I guess. I started out with the PP naming system, i.e. PL001 etc. I like the real life flight code effect. But when I started hangaring planes and redeploying them again, I found out Nimblebit caused duplicate names. Can't have that. I hate duplicates. So I decided, in my own shortsighted way, to use the first digit to keep track of the number of times a plane was redeployed. For instance, an old Roo C I've used a couple of times to redress cargo imbalances back when I still used Cloudliner Ms is now sitting in the hangar as PL681. Next time it flies (if ever) it will become PL781. (It's also the most redeployed so far.)

So in one glance I can see it's the 81st plane I ever got, and has been brought back 6 times so far.

Shortsighted of course, since once gets to 100 at some point. I resolved this by renaming my 101st plane PM001, 201st PN001. First digit still says number of times redeployed. Naming has now become a tradition. Merlionine Airways has grown up! :)

My airline colours have been chosen at the beginning and never changed. They are charcoal (for the fuselage), cream (underside or wings, if separate) and burnt orange. Aeroeagles are black instead of charcoal, as they look lighter than the others for some reason. And burnt orange becomes brown for planes with a camouflage pattern, since charcoal&brown camo looks seriously military.

I upgrade all my Class 1&2 planes for range and weight (except Blimps' weight, since this doesn't matter). Aeroeagles have all been upgraded for speed as well. Class 3 planes are upgraded for weight only, since their ranges are generally sufficient. Any deviation from this, burnt orange becomes brown so I can see which plane is non-standard (I have a couple of Blimps that were speeded up and some Sequoias that were upgraded for range).

Incidentally, when upgrading I always seem to get struck with Parkinsons so I have only one type of upgrade: 15%.

I am equally compulsory on the airline colours bit. Even to the point where I purposely deploy planes given to me by Nimblebit to avoid them sitting in my hangar with the wrong colours. So gift planes actually cost me bux! I usually do a flight or two to earn those bux back. incidentally, this does not get counted as a redeployment so first digit stays 0 for those.

There you go. Hope this didn't sound too weird.

Cheers,
    M.

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #11487 vicsark, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    The Bux focus only strategy is more fitted for lvl 30+

First you need to make coins to fully upgrade all your airports (very important as you'll get way more jobs including Bux jobs) and build up your fleet (plane slots and good planes).
    That means a focus on 25% bonus long travel, with a sequoia you usually can make 10k coins on a trip. And take Bux on the way as you can (ie for exple, take the Bux jobs in Asia on your almost full plane for the US, drop the Bux jobs in Europe and send the plane with the 25% bonus to the US)
    The Bux you get, you have to use them to buy plane parts and do one or two Bux exchange to buy plane slots (depending on their number at least 1000, ideally you should be able to buy at least 4/5 plane slots with the coins traded, there's a Bux calc in our TA1 spreadsheet)

Then once you feel like you're settled on coins, have fully upgraded your airports, and have 25+ plane slots, you may chase Bux more easily and have dedicated planes as Bux sitters.
    I don't do non Bux layovers any more for example, so it's faster to scroll the jobs list.

eheheh :)
    My Bux planes are all green.
    My P planes are yellow
    My C planes are red
    My M planes were blue in the beginning but now random colors
    Event planes are either random or designed.
    My newly speed upgraded Cyclones M are black + one different color on the nose.
    And since my 2yr old wants to play PP, I have some pink planes that belong to her :)

8. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Looks like TA1 is running about 150 people this round. Here is the current info with 9H35M left.

Position/Job Count:
    145/40
    146/37
    147/29
    148/26
    149/12
    150/10
    151/3
    152/1

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TOUCHARCADE AND TOUCHARCADE1 CREWS :cool:

The idea of TouchArcade1 crew is to regroup the most active players and forum members from TouchArcade crew.

We exchanged our GC names so we have fully named leaderboards and keep tabs on current and past events.
    The global events get more competitive between us, and against other teams as we have to fight for 2nd place.
    The challenge was not there with TA being always first by a 5 to 10 times margin because of the many members that just googled "first crew Pocket planes" and joined to get the first prize no matter what, doing the minimum jobs and not looking at this forum (I got no problem with that, I just found it was boring in the long run).

We also try to help each other with parts and tips (that are public in this forum thread for everyone to see).

So TouchArcade1 is designed for ppl wanting a bit more focus on social and competitive aspect from Pocket Planes.

Everybody is welcome to join in, but if someone doesn't want or have the time or is interested in this more social playground, it's best to stay with TouchArcade and get first prize easily I guess ;)

And NimbleBit encourages this on purpose by having the same prize for first and top ten crews.:D

Click here for a list of TA1 members and their GameCenter ID's

10. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Prizes are still coming!

Today Nimblebit sent me a.......... C130 Hercules.....ALRIGHT!

11. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Lucky!! Enjoy it :)

12. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Awesome dude enjoy! :)

13. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    Have mine running between London and Paris (ideal for switching bux jobs as it takes <1 minute to reach.)

It is currently my 3rd most profitable plane, my first two are Cloudliners. So it can make profit (just short of 5,000 coins per hour atm.)

First flight I did was LA > Tokyo > LA (wanted to see what the loss would be, and how quick it could get there) lost 800 coins each way iirc.

14. Dudley1uk

Dudley1uk Active Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Is anyone else having problems with GC? I've verified my account and all that, I can't send or receive friend requests? Any Ideas?

15. Archangel-s

Archangel-s Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Game Impressions

Don't like nor style no graphics.

16. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    5 bux. 5 BUX. NimbleBit hates me. :(

17. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    X3wapp, did you receive the planes I sent?

I sent 3, never heard anything from you so hoping they went through

18. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Awesome!!

19. 3wapp

3wapp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Sadface.

Another 5 bux while other people are getting C-130's :( haha

20. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
    I'm disappointed in the gifts. I have gotten several class 1 planes, 1 cloudliner M which was scrapped into parts and junked, and bux (maybe a lot for some, but I make more in one set of sending out my planes than what Nimblebit sent me).

I initially thought the prizes may have been linked to what you have paid ($$) in the past year, after reading what some of the tiny towers players were receiving (coal!), but as I have donated some $$$ to Pocket Planes throughout the past year (I do like to support the development and improvements for the game with $$$ from time to time), I would have expected more than bux, class 1 planes, and a Cloudliner, especially when it seems a lot of Concordes and C130s have been given out. So I guess I was wrong.

Anyhow, disappointed in the event, completely. I am not saying waa waa waa I want a purdy plane, I am saying it is just disappointing that there is no rhyme or reason to how the supposed freebies are being given out and it does bother me to see players get the extremely rare planes, even x2 sometimes or so it would seem according to their posts here and elsewhere.

I think I might shelf the game until an event comes out with a full Concorde or C130 as prizes, as they are really the only reason I am still playing....... oh and no more donations Nimblebit, sorry.