What game shall we make next?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sauce Digital, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Sauce Digital

Sauce Digital Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Hi Folks,

Now Nano Rally is out, we are considering what to make next (along side updates to NR and a lite version - both of which are underway).

So if you have any suggestions for a style of game you would like to see, please let us know, on this thread or by PM.

Personally i like the idea of a top down golf game, as I loved Sensible Golf on the Amiga.

Let us know your thoughts if you think something is really missing from the app store.

Cheers

Morgan

2. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Hey there,
    I think your UK based, right? Well, I for one would love to have a cryptic crossword app. The sort that you find in The Guardian or The Telegraph. And (no offense to the US) geared towards the UK, with weekly downloadable crosswords, and at the end of week all the answers are displayed on your website, with the option to upload how far you got. I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist yet.

By the way, I LOVE Amoebas:)

3. Sauce Digital

Sauce Digital Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Yes, we are UK based. Hmmm, i presumed there would be a cryptic crossword app. Nice idea, I love The Telegraph cryptic - but The Guardian is rock solid!

Thanks Alichan.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #4 Alichan76, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
    Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is one. I'm not sure. I'll have a sniff around, but in the past all I found were American crosswords without the cryptic bit...

Oh, and yes, I agree, The Guardian is the real killer;)

EDIT: I realize you would maybe be cutting yourself off largely from the US if you did it, but then again, you could charge for the downloaded crossword. I know I would pay:)

5. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    Now i know this will be hard but...
    How about a game where you can create your own person and items and stuff. Maybe by drawing or stuff already put in the game and you put it into a world and do physics on stuff. there can be tons of different options that could happen and you could chose what your items where made from. i'm thinking kinda like dust but different. you could also make a career mode where there are challenges and you have to complete them.challenges could me made there could me high scores and people could be creative. if you sdo something like that it would be a winner for sure. just look at games with unique puzzles and creativity and see how many people like them.sims (sorta),portal,dust,spore and probably a load more.
    Huff* ideas over.hope you actually understood it.

6. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Pilotwings.

Some minigames, each with a perfect 100 score possible. Awards for cumulative scores, awards for speed. Tilt and/or touch controls.
    Can't call it Pilotwings of course...

I too would like a crossword app. http://www.red-sweater.com/blackink/ exists but it does not do UK puzzles and of course needs a mac.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    How about a free running/parkour game?

8. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    How about a game like Scribblenauts that's coming to the DSi. Seems perfect for a touchscreen. Part of the screen could be used for writing, and the graphics could be similar to Doodle Jump.

9. GadgetGuru72

GadgetGuru72 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Crosswords by Stand Alone, Inc. has cryptic crosswords:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284036524&mt=8

It's $9.99, but has tons of crosswords from about 20-25 different papers.

The description on iTunes only says "US, UK and Australian puzzles," but I checked my copy and here are the available UK puzzles:

Globe & Mail Quick
    Independent Concise
    Menchester Eve. News
    Syd. Morn. Herald

They offer both "regular" puzzles and cryptic puzzles from each of those 4 publications.

They also offer puzzles from a few premium providers at an additional cost. These include Telegraph Cryptic and Telegraph Quick. I don't know what the additional cost is, though.

Hope that helps.

The game itself is really well done, and is worth it in my opinion despite the $10 price tag.

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

a game like metal slug?? or castle crashers.

11. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I want to second the scribblenauts idea but I feel that would take a ridculous amount of time to produce. Castle crashers would be awesome though :) or like a game like paper Mario from N64.

12. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    +1 for castle crahsers

13. Awe

Awe Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I've been hoping to see a Harvest Moon-like farm simulator.

14. Rman04

Rman04 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    A game like the old Dos game Dope Wars would translate nicely.

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Candy Wars is like that. So are Dark Nova and Space Trader. I think thats all.

16. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Make LiveFire. Youll probably get it done faster than those ngmoco bastards.

17. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    and prohibition

18. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
  19. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    #19 adbjmb, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    How about a realistic ( not cartoony )3D kung fu fighting game. As you can clearly see there is nothing like it in the app store besides funky punch. If made well you would have a complete monopoly in the genre.

20. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I would like a really nice looking 3D paintball game in the forrest. Really nice graphics.

Also a free running thing where you have a whole city, start on the rooftops and jump roof to roof and onto balconys, jump through windows and get down to ground level and overcome obstacles such as walls. A true open-city, go in/out of buildings wherever you want. As an objective, you're being chased by gangs/police or have time trials. I think it'd be best in 1st person with controls being a swipe up on the left hand side of the screen moves the left foot and swipe on right side moves right foot. And either tilt to turn or swipe more on one side. (think the roof chase in Bourne Ultimatum- same setting too.)