The Ultimate Guide To Mobile App Marketing

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by R3v, May 5, 2013.

1. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Hi guys,

I have started my own blog recently and wrote this article about mobile app marketing. I'm explaining minimal requirements for sustainable marketing strategy for mobile applications and games.

As well as I have created a simple marketing mind map, which is attached at the end of the article.

Would be nice to hear your opinion, maybe I have missed something. Likes and shares are also much appreciated :)

2. Blue Jungle Studios

Blue Jungle Studios Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Making Games :-)
    Really good post & blog! Bookmarked :)

3. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Thanks :) I'm going to San Francisco for a two weeks, but I hope I'll be able to publish a new article meanwhile.

4. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

Nice guide. This will be really helpful for developers.

5. grillaface

grillaface Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Richmond VA
    Great stuff man thanks so much for this!

6. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Thanks, and yes, i'm starting to realise myself exactly how important app marketing and promotion is in order to get your app discovered on the app store! And despite this, this is an area i just can't be bothered with!

7. CloFG

CloFG Member

Great article ! Thanks !

That's a great start for every developer.

8. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Thanks guys, your feedback is really appreciated! I've published another article - How to prepare a mobile app press kit. Please feel free to share those articles. Even when I work in game development company with 100 people, I still want to help small indie developers.

Currently I'm in California on conference called Mobile Gaming USA - plenty of networking going on here and speaker's list include names as GREE, Wooga or Activision.

I'm writing down interesting notes on marketing and development - would you be interested in reading them? They are now in chaotic form sitting in my Evernote, but just say and I'll publish them.

9. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
  10. skgames

skgames Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Nice articles, very well written. Bookmarked!

11. One Side Software

One Side Software Active Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    "A well-designed microsite with basic information about your upcoming application is a must have."

Is this really true? Sure, it looks professional, but I'm not convinced it is worth the cost. It doesn't seem like there is anything you can do with a microsite that you can't with a blog, including email marketing. Am I wrong?

12. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    In my opinion, it is a must have. However, if you have limited budget, a simple Wordpress blog with some static pages can also do the job. The point is to have some place, where you can send your traffic from other blogs, emails, forums, etc.

The best solution in my eyes is vice-versa case, when you have proper microsite like www.mygame.com and then a blog/news platform on blog.mygame.com or www.mygame.com/blog.