Jetpack Kitty!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JetpackKitty, Aug 18, 2012.

1. JetpackKitty

JetpackKitty New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    It has been 9 months and I figure its about time to start showing my latest project to the world. Jetpack Kitty! Slated to be released September 2012 on the iPhone app store.

Jetpack Kitty is a super difficult platform game with controls tailored to the iPhone! You won’t find any silly virtual D pads here, just two buttons, located on the left and right sides of the screen. This game focuses on twitch platforming with a phasing mechanic. Players can phase blocks in and out to reach the goal of an ever elusive ball of yarn.

for more info and the development blog visit:
    http://jetpackkitty.com

[​IMG]

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Uh oh.

Screens look good though.

3. JetpackKitty

JetpackKitty New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    #3 JetpackKitty, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    Thanks!
    I found that the biggest issue with a virtual D pad was that you dont have the responsive feeling you need to play a platformer properly. Your thumb always gets lost on the screen pressing directions that you dont want to be pressing which makes things unintentionally frustrating. I try to eleviate that by removing the ability to run. Instead I have replaced it with a continuously moving character which changes directions after colliding with a wall. This leaves the player with only two buttons which control jumping/jetpacking and phasing platforms in and out of existence.

As for the difficulty, I want to leave players with a feeling that they accomplished something difficult when completing a level. No points for just showing up :)