So I started playing Rolando again and looked at the leaderboards...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slothy, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I noticed the insanely high scores. Yet I thought the only way to score was collecting diamonds and getting a good time. I can only score 175 on the first level yet others are getting millions.

Is there a way to score that I don't know about?

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    well possibly some of those SUPER high scores are hackers.....hackers seem to have infiltrated the high scores lists on the app store.....

3. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    It seems now you can buy points.
    10 points cost 99 cents.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Unfortunately, leaderboards in just about any game are quite easy to hack, and as such, are the most exploited parts to any given game. It's not just a problem on the app store. You will see this problem with just about any popular game with online leaderboards.

Developers are starting to smart up a bit when it comes to leaderboards, and making sure hackers don't keep fudging up the numbers, but there are still plenty of games that go unnoticed with these exploits.

5. Or you wait 5 hours and you get them added on for free! :D

6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Same thing on doodle jump. When I see scores that high I just think about how everybody thinks they are huge idiots. If you hack the high scores you should be smart enough to make it reasonable or else people won't look at scores in the billions.