Universal Cytus (by Rayark Inc.) - Musical Rhythm

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by November's Chopin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    it's how the orbs pop up during a song....

normally they slowly appear till the shine, that's when you know you need to touch them... other modes will just throw them all at the same time and you must figure it out.... the other mode i can';t remember...

just try them out in the first song so you can see and determine if you prefer any of those other modes

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Playing on 3GS, but like I mentioned previously, there are issues with stuttering notes. I didn't see any mention of dealing with that in this update. Do you have any intention of addressing this issue. It has been mentioned by others as well, so I know it's not just me.

3. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    I think this might just be happening to me, but it's really frustrating. I have an iPad 2 and an iPod Touch 4th generation (both on firmware 5.0.1) and the game works flawless on my iPad 2, but I can't even start a single song on the iPod Touch. It always crashes to black and then back to the home screen after I select any song to play. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, downloading the new update, clearing the app from my multitasking tray, everything.

It's a shame, because I love the game on the iPad, but it looks like it's a totally different experience on the smaller screen (using your thumbs mostly).

Anyone else not able to start a single song on an iPod Touch 4th gen?

4. kerberospkg

kerberospkg Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    sorry but anyone have idea on how to unlock the hidden track?

5. StarCreator

StarCreator New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    A hint given by one of the developers on the official Facebook page is: "Follow the shooting star, and wishes come true."

Highlight Precipitation on the song select screen and instead of tapping the screen to select the song, use two fingers to drag downwards. If done correctly the button to start the song will have a red outline instead of the normal blue.

6. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR

7. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Gotta admit, it made me try it on the other songs as well, haha.

8. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Oct 8, 2010
    When I try to enter the secret track, my game crashed when loading the track...

9. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    No problem on my ipod thou.

10. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Sorry sorry, the game is fine now after a reboot.

11. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    runs completely fine on my ipod 4

12. StarCreator

StarCreator New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Via the official Facebook page:

13. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Oooooh. Nice! :D

I've really enjoyed this game, so looking forward to improvements and content!

I've got really large complaints about the slide system in this game; too unresponsive at times.

14. Rayark Inc

Rayark Inc Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Cytus-[Updates News]

Hello everyone,

It's been while since the last time we informed you the update of features of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.1.0).

What we've been working on off late, is the new patch of update of Cytus on iOS (Ver.1.2.0) as well as Cytus on Android (for both free & paid version). Hopefully, the aforementioned will be released either by the end of Mar. or the beginning of Apr. As for the changes of features, we will leave that for you guys to find out soon.

However though, we do have one important thing that we would like to have you address on; it's in regards of how to promote Cytus better in the States. Whether it should be the types of music, style of artworks, marketing campaigns such as events, concerts & promotions or whatsoever. In short, any kind of the opinions or suggestions from your end is more than welcome!

Thank you all in advance, & we look forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

Cytus Team

15. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i haven't seen sites like Appspy or Slide to play give reviews... dunno if TA has reviewd the game either... THAT works.... Try and get these sites and more sites to review?

FAAD(Free app a Day) would be a good idea too... Make it free for 1 day and you might get a lot more downloads

Selling the soundtrack could also help (specially since i'd like to buy it XD)

More songs also helps a bit.

trying to get a big update so you can get into New and Noteworthy also helps

16. VincentVargas

VincentVargas New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    As far as the States go, Cytus simply needs more visibility. The application is already excellent. Enhanced difficulty (if only to make the game more competitive) would be a big plus. As always, the inclusion of more tracks is also a big help. A rhythm game's longevity is determined by three factors: quality of tracks, quantity of tracks, and modular difficulty (with perfection nearly unattainable). Of course, the user and/or reviewer are ultimately the most relevant judges of those criteria. In time, Cytus should have 30+ tracks (or the option for). I'm betting many, many people would be willing to pay $1.00 per new track in the future.

As someone from the States, I find this application has an exotic appeal. The artwork is fluid and dreamlike, and the soundscapes are lush and foreign. Tracks like Ververg and Les Parfums de L'amour pull me in, even though I am unable to understand the lyrical context. It's comfortably and peaceably enigmatic.

Social media promotionals/advertizements may be the best means of marketing your product, especially in the States, but, in the end, the overall excellence of the application will speak for itself with each update and improvement.

17. chkenwing

chkenwing Member

Jan 23, 2012
    #97 chkenwing, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    Wow!

Good job on the new update Rayark!

I'm happy you guys took my suggestion into consideration for the soundtrack! I'ma download that bad boy later! :D

I had a play around with the new update, the "click" option where it makes the sound when you hit the moves, for me anyway, is a bit....weird, but it's good option for those who want to practice the timing.

I have another suggestion you could possibly consider, but I think it may require a lot of work to implement the function.

Basically, as of now, the moves go in line with the beats/music (as the music just plays in the background and you're hitting to the music). It'd be cool if you could implement it where if a player misses the move, then the beat/music does not play in the background. It's a similar feature in games like Jubeat, where if the player misses it, then no music/beat gets played (as you've missed that beat). Basically, the player controls the beats/music as well.

I don't know if that makes any sense to you.

I actually don't know if you can make sense from that.

18. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    A BIG thanks guys for the soundtrack ! Bought Verveg and ext. version of Retrospective , those songs are simply amazing , as your game is.

19. N2oXide

N2oXide Active Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I've gotten million master for all songs on easy now ('cept for entrance QQ), time to start working on hard!

20. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Jubeat actually doesn't do that. You could sit there and not hit anything for the entire song and it'd still play. I know what you mean, though, and it's not a bad thought :)