Game Center problems with iOS 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sink_or_swim, Oct 11, 2012.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    So I just wanted to ask if someone else has problems with the game center app after updating to iOS 6. The app crashes immediately after I open it since I updated iOS and now after a few weeks it's annoying as hell because I have to look at my scores on my ipod touch (iOS 5).

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't think it's crashing for me on my iPhone 4 running iOS 6. However I've had issues (not sure if any with GC) on my iPad 2. I'm going to restore it (from backup). I installed iOS 6 by restoring my iPhone 4 (it was jailbroken before).

One thing to note. For some reason iTunes doesn't automatically start syncing your device after the restore from backup finishes. So you have to manually click the Sync button. This worried me as I thought it meant I'd lost all my app data/saves, but I didn't lose anything (all saves and such were intact after the sync).

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    anyone has a tip what to do? Game Center is still crashing after the 6.0.1 Update

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Back up with I cloud
    Then restore.

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I haven't had any GC iOS 6 issues but my GC account on my Mac won't allow me to sign in