Universal Loud on Planet X (Pop Sandbox)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Apr 21, 2016.

1. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

#1 sugimulm, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016

LOUD on Planet X

Pop Sandbox
    LOUD on Planet X is an arcade-style indie music game featuring Tegan and Sara, CHVRCHES, Lights, Metric, METZ, F*cked Up…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    LOUD on Planet X is an arcade-style indie music game featuring Tegan and Sara, CHVRCHES, Lights, Metric, METZ, F*cked Up, HEALTH, Purity Ring, Little Dragon, Austra, Shad, Cadence Weapon, July Talk, Monomyth and more. Choose from a cross-section of top current indie music artists, then defend your stage from hordes of quirky aliens by tapping to the music and using a fun assortment of makeshift weapons like speakers, strobe lights, fog machines, amplifiers, bouncers and custom special attacks! LOUD on Planet X is an exciting new indie alternative to Rock Band or Guitar Hero with a splash of Plants vs Zombies – a new hybrid of rhythm game and classic shooter with tower defence elements. Featuring: -One-time fixed price (no in-app purchases) -14 top current indie music artists -28 different music tracks (2 tracks per artist) -30 level single player campaign Requires iPad 3, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5 or higher. - LOUD on Planet X is an original Pop Sandbox production developed with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation. We acknowledge the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s private radio broadcasters. Nous reconnaissons l’appui financier de FACTOR, du gouvernement du Canada, et des radiodiffuseurs privés du Canada.
    Information
    Seller:Pop Sandbox
    Genre:Action, Music
    Release:Apr 20, 2016
    Updated:Apr 21, 2016
    Version:1.0
    Size:726.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

$3.99

Can someone post a link? On mobile now :(

2. TouchArcade Bot

TouchArcade Bot New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    LOUD on Planet X

LOUD on Planet X

Pop Sandbox
    LOUD on Planet X is an arcade-style indie music game featuring Tegan and Sara, CHVRCHES, Lights, Metric, METZ, F*cked Up…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    LOUD on Planet X is an arcade-style indie music game featuring Tegan and Sara, CHVRCHES, Lights, Metric, METZ, F*cked Up, HEALTH, Purity Ring, Little Dragon, Austra, Shad, Cadence Weapon, July Talk, Monomyth and more. Choose from a cross-section of top current indie music artists, then defend your stage from hordes of quirky aliens by tapping to the music and using a fun assortment of makeshift weapons like speakers, strobe lights, fog machines, amplifiers, bouncers and custom special attacks! LOUD on Planet X is an exciting new indie alternative to Rock Band or Guitar Hero with a splash of Plants vs Zombies – a new hybrid of rhythm game and classic shooter with tower defence elements. Featuring: -One-time fixed price (no in-app purchases) -14 top current indie music artists -28 different music tracks (2 tracks per artist) -30 level single player campaign Requires iPad 3, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5 or higher. - LOUD on Planet X is an original Pop Sandbox production developed with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation. We acknowledge the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s private radio broadcasters. Nous reconnaissons l’appui financier de FACTOR, du gouvernement du Canada, et des radiodiffuseurs privés du Canada.
    Information
    Seller:Pop Sandbox
    Genre:Action, Music
    Release:Apr 20, 2016
    Updated:Apr 21, 2016
    Version:1.0
    Size:726.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    This looks awesome. I think I'll buy it when I get home from work later today. I'll post impressions tonight

4. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Their other game Pipe Trouble looks awesome too for a buck.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Has this game gotten a price increase? It says 3.99 here but in the App Store it's over five bucks. I have spent way too much on games already this week so it'll have to wait till payday but this looks really fun :)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's 3.99 for me?

7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Sorry guys I forgot to change over from the Canadian App Store after I downloaded monster hunter explore :p

8. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I love all of the bands mentioned in the description, but I can listen to their music any time I want. How is the gameplay? Has anyone tried it?

9. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Doesn't look like anyone has yet so I'll TOFTT. Be back with imps soon!

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks, waiting for your impressions.

11. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Crap I forgot I was supposed to Toftt. I'll download it tonight

12. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Just played tutorial and one level but gotta say it's pretty fun!
    Basically you tap on a row to attack in that row. If you don't tap on the beat, you won't shoot. So that's the rhythm component.
    The enemies have different behaviours which is pretty nice. From the screenshots it looks like there are quite a lot of different enemies but the three I've seen so far are all pretty distinct.
    Music seems to be mostly indie rock from the selections I checked out.
    You can play each level on three difficulties. It doesn't seem to keep track of what difficulty you completed it on, though. I'd assume that on higher difficulties you get higher scores.
    Will probably leave more detailed feedback tomorrow as I gotta head off and catch some zzz now. But I don't regret the purchase.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Any other imps?

14. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    #14 Gluskap, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Eh there are much better rhythm games than this. Rock Bands, Guitar Heroes, and mobile ones like Planet Quest, Cytus, Voez. But:

The more I play I found that this has couple of good songs that for my taste. Rhythm part is meh and you're not feeling like you are playing with the band and sometimes it doesn't register your inputs.

For $1 now I can say it's worth for songs.