Slingshot Justice is nearly there....

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Anomalous Interactive, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Anomalous Interactive

Anomalous Interactive Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    So our update release, Slingshot Justice is almost complete (we are submitting to apple this week)

anyway i'd like to show you all a game play trailer I've made. Any feedback you guys have would be fantastic!

The update includes:
    * updated all the graphics in the game (and i mean ALL!)
    * animating and firing weapon models
    * openfeint integration (leaderboards and achievements)
    * Gameplay tweaks (the bullies come out in waves now rather than a constant stream)

Please tell me what you think!

2. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    The game mechanic looks really fun. I have to say from a polish perspective I'm not sure I love the grainy 3D art (at least that what it looks like in the trailer). I think brighter coloured less complex 2D is always nicer on a portable device.

The sounds are also a bit hardcore. When you hit a bully with anything he sounds like he's dieing a la Operation Wolf! Maybe would have been nice if he said something funny like 'OK keep your lunch money' or 'I'm tellin my mom' etc... Simpsons: Hit & Run was full of this type of humour.

Otherwise nice mechanic and good luck with the update.

3. All the best with the game!!!!!

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    hmm i somewhat like the old menus look better..

and the animation looks very stuff and the "death" animation with no transition whatsoever looks well more than odd..

the overall feel is still beta-ish with missing stuff..

i also find all the particle effects lacking , especially the explosions from the bigger area weapons.. it looks like a tiny fountain and not like a huge blast that takes several baddies of their feet..

since its all fruit.. maybe you check out how fruit ninja did their particles.. i know its a different game but its also fruits to some extend in your game..

well you know how it feels in a game if you have the biggest weapons available, fire it and it just makes a pfzzzz.. and not a kawooom.. its just not satisfying ;)

well good luck with it anyway.

5. #5 BlueSpiral, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
    In terms of pushing the "anti-bullying" for the next phase of marketing (re your comment in another thread) I thought I'd make a comment on here if that's ok.

Watched the video for the game. The main market I see for this (I think I mentioned it before), is getting it into schools and then really pushing the anti bullying stuff. As it stands at the moment, unfortunately I think it maybe considered a little too violent. You have something that operates as a machine gun type of weapon.

One thing I might suggest is, have you thought about putting more comedy animations in when the bullies get hit? It would really emphasize that nobody really gets hurt in the game that badly. You could get them to shout "mommy!!" an then run off or if you hit one, his pants fall down and he falls over. Things like that. Would soften it up a little and potentially make it a bit easier to pitch to schools.

A recommendation from a school or a school board would be huge for you.

Anyway just a thought to pass on, I really hope you earn lots of $$$$$ from it as you can tell how much work has gone into it!!!

6. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    You guys completely reworked your game and it shows. I like the improvements , nobodys perfect. Good Luck and much success.

7. Hollyweird Zombies

Hollyweird Zombies Active Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Transmissions Engineer
    Hollywood, CA
    Good Luck

Game looks interesting. Good luck with it.