Your Top 5 Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #1 Jayg2015, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    What are your top 5 iOS games ever. Not just top five your playing right at the moment.
    Mine are a mixture of now and then

Clicker Heroes
    Drylands
    The executive
    Jet pack joyride
    mines of Mars

Edit : had to add dry lands

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Duet
    Jet Car Stunts
    Outwitters
    Repulze
    Pocket Mine 2

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Impossible. Too many great games.

Device 6, the last one I have played is a strong contender.

4. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    -Wayward Souls
    -Horizon Chase
    -The Executive
    -FTL
    -Helsing's fire

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'll try...

1. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

IMO the sets a few benchmark for the absolute gaming experience on mobile. It can be played in a few sessions at a time (approx 20 mins per session, although it ramps up at higher difficulty) highly skill-based combat, thousands of loot (literally THOUSANDS), fantastic translation of touch controls, fantastic MFi support, up to 4-player online multiplayer, 200-hour gameplay is cake as you will clock in more than that (im at 600 hours on mobile, and +/-1500 hours on the PSP), and the visuals and audio are fantastic with the visuals being an upgrade from the original PSP version. Only downside is that CAPCOM needs to update it for iOS9.

2. Heroes & Castles 2

The definitive mobile game for me. Hundreds of hours of gameplay, multiple classes (3 unique character race with 3 unique classes for each), hundreds of equip and skill combinations, fantastic for short sessions and also perfect for long ones, has multiple game modes including stage-based story modes, multiple multiplayer modes, and endless modes, and score chasing modes, fantastic touch controls, and a perfect mix of strategy and heavy RPG. It's also pretty much indie, and that is part of what makes this game special for me.

As an indie mobile game, it does have a share of flaws though. Multiplayer balance, even if there is ongoing-testing and changes, isnt on-point yet, and the MFi support is broken on most extended controllers.

This is the only mobile-original title that i have described as being "somewhat close to MHFU" and that's saying something IMO.

3. Infinity Blade Trilogy

And by this i mean the entire Infinity Blade series with the 3 games and the 2 books. This was THE game that was made to define gaming on mobile (iOS-original) from its core design, and the improvement from the first to the third and final installment are huge. The core gameplay was based around the touch controls and they are implemented perfectly, even improving feedback and input recognition in IB2 and more so in IB3.

Being totally designed for mobile gaming, the game is perfect for either short or long game sessions, can be played infinitely, with a design and story that actually makes sense with its mechanics. The visuals were considered benchmark-quality, although it could be argued that the game mechanics make minimal use of realtime transitions. Fantastic voice acting are here, and the story was made whole by 2 additional books set in between pt1 and 2, and between pt2 and 3. It's arguable how original the story is, but it is no surprise it is still one of the best on mobile gaming.

4. Space Marshals

IMO no top-games list exists without ever including a dual stick shooter, and Space Marshals is perfect at that, and more. It's a Stealth/Sniper game, it's a run-n-gun shooter, and it's also RPG-lite.

Easily one of the best games on mobile, and has fantastic dev support love.

Because of the vast number of genre-itch Space Marshals scratches, it isnt the high-octane arcade action, dual stick shooter we commonly see in the appstore. It's leans more heavily towards the tactical side of things, and it does it flawlessly.

Fantastic game content, perfect touch controls with MFi controller support that shares the same perfection, drool-worthy visuals and audio, a huge amount of equips that can define multiple playstyles (sniper, stealth, up-close skirmish, even as a grenade-happy sapper).

5. Badland

I saved this special slot to games that make mobile games mobile: One-tap touch control games. Be it on a line in a bank or when buying tickets to a movie theater, on a crowded bus ride while standing up with one hand on a railing for support, while in a 3 minute wait driving in traffic (although i dont recommend doing that. LOL).

This is where games the likes of Rayman Run, Threes, Crossy Road, Nimble Quest and even Temple Run (one thumb+tilt) can take the spot for me, but my choice will go to Badland.

Badland has fantastic visuals, great one-tap mechanics, a ton of content, and dev that has consistently shown love to the game and its fans for years.

I really wish i could list more than 5, but i guess this is a start. ;)

Cheers!

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Mines of Mars is great

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Phone:
    Faif
    Darkin
    Hue Ball
    Robosockets
    Ridiculous Fishing
    (Runners up: Ziggurat and Chip Chain)

iPad:
    FTL
    Wonderputt
    Wayward Souls
    Sonic CD
    Continue?9876543210

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I see faster than light in so many lists but never tried. Is it similar to OUT THeRE

9. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Seems too hardcore for me.

10. noteatino

Jun 27, 2014
    If any of you haven't tried FTL, go ahead! Its one hell of a game. I usually dont like that kind of games (you know so complex so addictive), but FTL just breaks the rules for me. It's incredibly rewarding and cant recommend it enough!

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I have bought the game, but haven't played yet. Complex and games aren't for me at the moment. :(

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I like quick games collecting currency and upgrading . Not sure if this has those elements

13. noteatino

Jun 27, 2014
    It has the last two. But it can be played on quick sesions, thanks to the great pause-and-plan-your next-move option. It's hard but like I said before it's soooo rewarding!

14. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Pewdiepie might be up there

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Junk jack x.
    Reaper.
    Badland
    Air supply SOS
    Desert Golfing.

I think...... Def Badland and JJX

16. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Air supply. What type
    Of game is it

17. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    It is similar to Out There in some respects, but more about tactical battles that task you with managing your ship and crew.

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Space Marshalls
    Legend of Grimrock
    Galaxy on Fire 2
    Hearthstone
    Xcom Unknown

Not in ranked order. At least that's how I feel today. I am fickle.

19. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Current TOP 5
    Comboknights
    Dash quest
    Hyper swiper
    Blitz keep
    Horizon chase

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's brilliant! The dev is awesome too. The characters are named after TA members, Cloudy is the best one in the game obviously :)

My description wouldn't do it justice, here's the games forum thread.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=243363