NCAA Football 11 by EA

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by xbs2034, Apr 10, 2010.

1. xbs2034

xbs2034 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I kinda figured this would be coming and there seem to be few details at the time. But this article from IGN includes mention that the college football game is coming to the Ipod Touch and Iphone
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/108/1082912p1.html

2. oaqque

oaqque Well-Known Member

really? thats cool :)

3. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    So EA are releasing two NFL games (Im assuming) this year... Umm what's the point?

4. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    One is NFL one is college.

5. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Uhhh............. What??

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I laugh at the ignorance in this statement.

This is great though, I'm looking forward to be playing as USC against UCLA and totally beating them to a pulp.

7. julzsantana15

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    No more Pete Carroll by the way:), but I'd like to play with MSU vs. Michigan

8. hamstarz

hamstarz Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    UCLA grad checking in here, looking forward to reenacting 13-9

9. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    What I meant is what's the point of having two football games? I'm not into this NCAA Football, I only barely watch NFL but to me it would seem easier to just throw the NCAA league into Madden like FIFA does

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Don't we all love happy rumors? :)

11. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to what Lane Kiffin brings to the table.

And as for merging NCAA and NFL is like saying let's merge high school football with college football; it just doesn't work. The skill levels, plays, and players are all different.

Of course there's also that college alumni pride and whatnot, something that's not present in the NFL.

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Double post, please delete

13. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Well NCAA is much, much bigger than the NFL and NFL teams are far superior to college teams. Also both leagues have a differet style of play with some sets that woul not work in NFL but work in NCAA and vice versa. The saeson structure, number of games, and postseason is also very different between the leagues. Also more games = more money for EA

14. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    Ok thanks for clearing that up :) Pretty much the same as NCAA Basketball is to the NBA then.

Doubt I will purchase this myself but if it comes out before Madden then who knows

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Has this info been confirmed yet?

16. xbs2034

xbs2034 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    It sounds like IGN got their info directly from EA
    "Yesterday, EA Sports announced Tim Tebow as the cover boy for NCAA Football 11, but in its release touting the former Florida Gator, EA listed a whole bunch of platforms. A whole bunch that didn't include PSP. No… not like this.

Sadly, EA confirmed with IGN today that NCAA Football 11 is not coming to the PSP. This is a sad day for portable football fans, although the game is coming to iPhone/iPod Touch."

17. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Smart move with all the college students having iPhones these days. It's sad to see it's departure from PSP, but sports games suck on it anyways, except baseball. Luckily Tebow is getting a spot on my home screen.

18. julzsantana15

May 5, 2009
    Michigan

I know! I can't wait to see how the cover is going to look like

19. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Updated info :)

[​IMG]

Beyond leveraging the same graphics engine as last year's enjoyable Madden NFL 10, it also promises similar gameplay mechanics. The pass game appears identical from the screens, as do touch-to-tweak audibles.

A glimpse of a field during a championship bowl hints at a the possibility of a mode dedicated to playoff bowls. Surely, a career or season mode will be offered as the main attraction.

[​IMG]

The real questions to be asked are how many teams will be included and what form multiplayer will take. Online play seems unlikely (despite being much desired), though head-to-head match ups via Bluetooth are a good bet.

EA Mobile is expected reveal a late summer release date for NCAA Football 11 next week at E3

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source PG​

20. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland