Game wallpapers: where are they?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Deinbeck, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Deinbeck

Deinbeck Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I'm personally in the habit of updating my pc wallpaper with whatever game I happen to be excited about at the time. It's been many years now that pc game publishers and devs have offered kickass wallpapers as a way to promote their games. I really wish more iPhone game devs and publishers would do this. Right now I'm cycling between the ramp champ backgrounds (which rock btw), and wondering to myself why more companies don't offer iPhone wallpapers.

I have near to 100 iPhone games now, and wallpapers on my phone for 1 of them. This depresses me a little. Thoughts anyone?

2. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    I totally agree! I wish they'd just have a little option on the menu where you could go and just take a snapshot of wallpapers they put in games. If they really REALLY wanted, they could make the really cool wallpapers in-app purchases. :p I agree though.

3. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #3 jyhjyh, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    The developers of Alien Glyphs has made some cool wallpapers:
    TA-thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26660&highlight=alien+glyph&page=23
    Link to download is under the pictures.

I agree with you - would be nice with more game-wallpapers.

4. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    We made a few for Halloween and Christmas. We'll be making another one. We'll also add some ones later. They can be found here:

http://www.quititthegame.com/fun-stuff.html

This is what the XMAS one looks like:

[​IMG]

5. Ler

Ler Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Europe
    and I'll make more wallpapers...new Logo of Alien Glyphs makes me to create wallpapers)).
    Btw you everyone may follow us on twitter or blog and see all our development news..

6. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    thanks to all the devs who posted wallpapers in here, and if you buy MGST you can buy like 40 wallpapers with in-game credits

7. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
  8. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    id like to see a section of the forums just for gfx, and a part where artist can put their portfolio's and get picked up by game companies, and a place where members can submit fan art/have shops for wallpapers

9. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    [app]Defender Chronicles[/app] wallpaper (version 1.4): [Link]

Yeah, a fan art section would be nice. I remember when the only things being posted in the Pocket God threads were people in paint cutting and pasting pygmies into comics :p.