The shotgun in N.O.V.A is dissapointing, (rox in in SP)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Dec 18, 2009.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Id like for this to be buffed up, currently if I run over one I immediatley swap or I know im screwed... it works O.K. if you weakened someone with the plasma gun or something, or with the bullet power up.. I literally put 4 shots into somebody and they didn't go down.. it would have been an EZ kill with the AR, not to mention that I wouldn't have had to call upon my ninja like skills.

discuss.

2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    the shotgun is very weak! hope they fix this.

3. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    exactly, its a shame because in Single Player it really puts the hurt down, especially on the gruntlings, who take alot of AR fire but the shotgun takes down handfuls

4. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    yea they really weakend the shotgun in mp hope they fix it

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea I also noticed this, I tried running right in front of people's faces and shooting them with a shotty but it seemed to do nothing.

6. that1techguy

that1techguy Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    i feel the same way for the shot gun but i also think the sniper could use some work i really dont like the fact that you have to scope to shoot when in intense battles it sucks and most of those are run over pick ups when i didnt want to i would love to see an aim button added to the sniper and still let us shoot with out scoping. lastly the pistol... im that kinda guy i use that alot but 6-10 shots to the head of an alien and he still doesnt go down thats a little messed up. i just just like to see its damage improved a little not much maybe just 1 damage for a far shot and 2 for close or 2 for far and 3 for close. also where is the team DM and private servers... i would love to see that next.

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Agreed. The only reason I think I mowed down 2 people in a row with it was because I had double damage and the two dudes had been shooting each other before I came in and settled their conflict. I really wish it had a bit more punch, but I just hope it doesn't become overpowered. I hate overpowered weaponry.

8. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I REMEMBER SOMEBODY CALLING THIS IN THE NOVA THREAD! LOLOLOL

....seriously guys? Already?

9. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    This thread should be changed to "The Everything in NOVA multiplayer is disappointing"

10. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    sometimes though it is fine... one time i killed a guy who wasn't even on my screen while playing the void map

11. that1techguy

that1techguy Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    personally i think it just need little tweaks tho it is not business like to make 2 different ways to play multi (mc:s and nova). i hope they go in and create just one that works like novas online but with mc:s options (team DM and private servers).

12. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    i modded NOVA with halo weapon sounds. its awesome.

13. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Nice man, I just play the music and that seems to do the trick. I just wish there were vehicles to drive in this, that would make it absolutely perfect.

14. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    can you send me the mod? and do you know any mods i can do straight off my ipod?

ya, it kinda sucks and the sniper is SO ANNOYING in close range

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Gameloft will probably wait a few weeks before balancing the weapons.

16. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #16 acidshaman, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    [​IMG]

edit: Im actually really pleased with the powerful weapons, they can get you kills, but they are hardly over-powered, simple strafing sorts the noobs from the pros

Now that THAT nonsense is out of the way, I do think that weapon pickups could use some work as well. Instead of instant pickup, like with the shotgun/sniper when you didnt need it; just make the weapon icon appear in the middle of the screen, it takes half a second to move off of it.. I mean you can even fight with the high scores on incase you get jumped..

I love sniping, although without auto-aim it can get very tricky, im sure with practice it will all come naturally, we just need to get used to fast paced MP combat with these controls.

I do agree that getting caught in CQC with the sniper can be tricky, but I just dodge and switch, (normally I get my pistol, which shaves survival time; so u must keep in mind where the powerful weapons are). I like my suggestion above, just make it opaque. The shotgun is almost as bad though, because you are guarenteed to do little damage... except with the double damage in bunkers..

I love the MP though, I have yet to try a real game of MC:S but I probably will soon, I like that you can play two different FPS!! Future and Modern...

17. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
  18. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Did you read my post above yours? I don't think it's a dead horse. I think there should be some kind of
    weapon pick up control. It just needs to be very fast and not distracting. Especially on snow when your racing to get a sniper before getting sniped, but
    not when you have to kill someone coming up after u and u walk backwards into the sniper.