128Gb Ipad is out!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pka4916, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Wow. Hardcore gamers will need this storage upgrade...
    32 is enough for me though, no thanks for this iPad for now.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Heh, no iPad 5.

I can revel in my sense of superiority for another 6 months :D :p

3. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    lol later this year..

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Heh-heh! Well, FINALLY!!!! We can rejoice!!!! 128GB? I'm all over that! Looks like I may be getting a new toy soon!! LOVE it!!!!! They actually listened!!! Whoo-hoo! (doing a little jig of a dance here while nobody can see me!!)

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Now we need a 128 GB iPad mini. :)

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Damn it! I just bought my new ipad a month ago. Definitely would have gone with the larger storage if it were available at the time. :mad:

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I only bought the ipod touch 5th gen last year (64 gig) but would LOVE a 128 gig one to come out in October.

Think i'll start saving a bit of money on the side ready for it, i've got so many apps, would love to install more/films/comics and books etc. A 128 gig ipod touch would be a dream !

8. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    So 128gb Ipad 4 release date is Feb 5 (Confirmed by Apple)) then Ipad 5 128gb will release in April.Why would anyone buy the Ipad 4 when the release for the Ipad 5 is right around the corner? I was one of the ones who got burned when buying the Ipad 3 only to have the 4 come out 3-4 months later.smh

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

My money is on october for the ipad 5's release. April is too close to the iphone reveal.

I'll get a 128gb next time I upgrade, oh and it's about damn time! I just hope that with the introduction of the ipad 5 they'll phase out the 16gb version and get the 128 down in price.

10. Biggavelli

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    I hear ya but watch its not gonna be as long as Oct (Im speculating of course).Im all for 128gb and the phase out of 16gb,its just not enough space.That Ipad 5 is coming sooner than you think...oct itll be the phone

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for october because we don't need a 6 month period between a new product, it's way too early for any big change in tech. With a yearly upgrade things stay interesting, also i'd like to see a Rogue gpu in the new ipad and they won't be ready before the middle/end of the year.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What's the Rogue GPU supposed to be like? A gamechanger like the A5 was?

13. Biggavelli

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Its coming sooner

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    With Retina Display. Then I'd buy it!

15. I really thought so with all those articles about it that I had posted 2 days ago. Seven articles in one day usually mean something. I feel sorry for all those ipad 4 owners with 64 gb though now, Apple should let all of them have the option to return theirs and pay the extra hundrd to upgrade, $100 for an extra 64 gb is worth it in my opinion and is my main complaint about my new ipad 64 gb now.

Cause face it, when the ipad 5 or 6 come out, they will raise the limit on disk sizes, and soon, I can picture games out with 5 gb coming out to compete with console games. If I were you ipad 4 owners, I would demand a tradein with Apple, but that's cause I care about disk space so much now. Hate hate hate, worrying about space nowadays, it's such a drag, and I would like to actually use my ipad for videos which I can't due to disk space.

16. Well the ipad mini 2 with retina and at least 128 gb will be coming out soon, so keep your eyes open.

17. #19 Connector, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Don't count your chickens too soon, young Skywalker. I just posted about this ipad 4 change two days ago, no one even expected it Apple kept it so secretive, an ipad 5 release or ipad 4 refresh in March is still not out of the question.

But I doubt it will be an ipad 5 release, cause all I hear of is production problems with all the new tech for the ipad 5 due to the new screens, new cpus/gpus and new form factors, etc. But I really do think that Apple wanted to get back to a March release schedule for the ipads, either that or because they were switching away from Samsung cpus, there was a lot of pressure to release early. I wouldn't be all that surprised that when this 128 gb ipad 4 comes out, that all ipad 4s and iphone 5 to 5s might get some kind of refresh. So while it is doubtful than ipad 5 comes out, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a refresh of the entire ipad 4 line being made soon. Whether you would notice it or not, that would be the question.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Think of all the people apple would piss off by releasing another iPad a month after a new iteration of the 4th gen was announced. No, if a 5th gen was releasing this march or anytime soon then the 128gb announcement would wait until then.

Plus I have knowledgeable friends who tell me otherwise...so I think my ego is safe ;) :D :p