About deleting threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by kiyawN, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kiyawN

kiyawN Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    -
    Sweden
    I think TouchArcade shuld make an option so the one who started a thread could delete himself and don't have to report or ask a moderator for help

TouchArcade ROCKS

2. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    and edit thread name and move our own threads

3. kiyawN

kiyawN Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    -
    Sweden
    Yeah, that would be really good :)

4. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Recipe for chaos :)

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Moving and deleting threads should be reserved for mods. What if someone thinks "My thread is not games related, but because I want it to get more viewers, I post it in the Games forum". Then the mod moves it to the Lounge because it doesn't belong in the Games forum... And then the topic starter moves it right back? :rolleyes:
    That wouldn't be good.

Also, when it comes to deleting... If I start a topic and 50 people reply to it, would you like it if I not only remove my first post, but also all the posts that the other people made? Maybe these can be very informative to other people. If someone spends time writing a long and useful post, it wouldn't be fair to that person if the topic starter would simply remove all of it if he/she has the answer he/she was looking for, or simply if he/she doesn't like the reply. :rolleyes:

6. kiyawN

kiyawN Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    -
    Sweden
    I meant more like if u have a thread nobody likes, so if it were started like 2 months ago and only got 1 or 2 replies, then there could be like a switch that tells u that u can delete ur thread , but this were only a suggestion :)

7. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Yes and all suggestions are welcome, it's cool if people try to think along and make the forums a better place. :)

If a thread doesn't get replied to, it will move back away from the first pages, and nobody will "care" about it anymore. Old topics are "forgotten" and people don't really care about wether they're there or not. Personally I wouldn't mind, but if you want your topic removed you can ask a moderator. (But I understand your point here, to save the mods some work you could do it yourself)

8. kiyawN

kiyawN Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    -
    Sweden
    Yeah, just what I were thinking :)

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    +1

I wish there is an option. BUT what happens when you accidentally press the button??:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: