Momonga Pinball Adventures (by Paladin Studios) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Just stumbled upon this thread. I really like what I'm seeing. I'll keep my eyes on this.

2. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I probably won't pay more than $.99 for 2 hours. Not that I don't like it, it looks very nice, but I have so many other games to play.

The most important thing for me woudl be real progression (which it seems to have) and maybe a little story that can even come in episodes (IAP or seperate apps).

3. derkdegeus

derkdegeus Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Knight of the Round Table
    Holland
    Thanks Edwardo! Stay tuned, we are working hard to get it ready for you to play.

@extreme472000: Thanks for the mail. And I just saw that your device is listed in your profile so I will assume those are the specs :) *doh*

4. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    Thanks, and I think it will come down to that in the end. The story mode will be about one hour, and there will be little minigames and missions on top of that. We have more episodes planned, which will probably come as IAP.

Not sure what you mean with "real progression"? I guess unique levels with storyline?

Cheers!
    Derk

5. LazyGamer

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Yeah, something like that, but maybe even some skills. I can understand how hard it is to make such a game last long enough, if you just go from one location to next.

I think nobody would complain if you need to reach certain stats to proceed or maybe even need to do some backtracking where you can reach hidden areas in earlier levels using skills earned later on.

That way you can "stretch" your content which will be fine as long as you dont overdo it.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So when's this due out?

7. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    It takes us up to a month to build one level, so yeah... it's a lot of work.

In each level there are five medals you can earn. You win these medals by completing challenges - specific, handcrafted missions for the levels. I'm also thinking about a backtracking system but right now it doesn't make much sense. That's mostly because it's pinball... in my mind it should be a skill-based game in which you control the character with flippers. And that leaves little room for powerups or weapons.

Regarding release date, I must admit that I feel we are close to finishing the game. But we want to make it really really good and that takes time... so I won't promise anything. If you put a knife to my throat I would say it will be live somewhere end of August. But please take it with a grain of salt, as I have been wrong about this before.

We're doing our best!

Cheers,
    Derk

8. LazyGamer

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I know you want your game out, so this is probably an idea for future addons. But there one obvious power-up: additional power for the flipper fingers. With that you might reach areas your were not able to reach before or break stuff that you could not.

9. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    Yes, this is one of the powerups we have considered. The good thing about it is that it is passive and it would add a lot to the game.

The challenge is with level design - most of the areas are finetuned to the current physics setup, and if you play around with the physics there is a very real possibility that some areas can't be reached anymore. It's all interconnected - when you add strength to a flipper you are likely to change other properties as well, such as the possible angles.

Having said that, I will check it out, it is a good suggestion. Cheers!

-Derk

10. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    Here's some concept art for Guaka the Molerat, and his level, the Dungeons of Xio.

More pics in today's blog post: http://pldn.co/Pnaylz

Enjoy! :)
    -Derk

Attached Files:

11. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Any new word on this game?

12. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    Yes, we got sidetracked on other projects for a while (even indies have to pay the bills) but we are back on track with development. I can't give you a release date yet... but we are closing in on the final sprints of development.

Thanks for your patience and for not forgetting us! :)

13. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    Good news!

Momonga has been approved by Apple. I am currently working on the marketing to launch it - probably next week. Stay tuned guys :)

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Looks cool. Can't wait

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yay! :D

16. derkdegeus

Jul 23, 2011
    Holland
    Hey everyone, we have a launch date :)

Momonga will be available for download this Thursday, January 17th. Stay tuned. I will also drop some promo codes here soon.

Cheers :)
    Derk

17. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Woo! I been waiting for this one for what seems like a year! Good luck on the release!

18. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I have been looking forward to this for a long long tome now and the beta was amazing. Support the dev and pick this one up guys!