Universal METAL SLUG 3 - (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I think it's great they are porting these but I would easily drop $20 if they ported the full Anthology.

2. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    I love this game but one thing really starts annoying me..

Default button position is not comfortable for me so every time I want to play a game, I need to set button position all over again!
    One more thing.. when I hit save replay button, nothing happens.. no replays saved in Record menu.

plz fix that

3. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #223 Aventador, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Awesome arcade port and very good controls for fast paced game like this, even though they need some practice to be mastered.Graphic,sound , effects are all amazing, paired up with lot of humorous references ( I almost died of laughing after seeing Japanese underground bunkers and their weapons :), and huge and insane bosses that bring you mind blowing, but unfortunately also short action experience.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Trying to play this on my iphone 5 with iOS 7.0.4, and the game is wanting to display in portrait mode. Really hope a fix (along with widescreen support) is in the works... Along with MSX, MSIII is my favorite run n gunner.

Attached Files:

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Make sure you contact DotEmu who i believe did the version. One of their other games wasnt appearing properly on ios7 so i contacted them. The more people who contact them the better

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks, yeah, I sent a tech support e-mail to both DotEmu and SNK. This happens with both MSIII and Blazing Star, so hopefully it's something that'll get fixed eventually. Hoping that they allow for positioning of the controls in the deadzone areas (even if the gameplay area isn't stretched to fit the 4inch screen, having static images there and allowing for controls to be put there, or your finger to move in the deadzone and still control your ship, in the case of Blazing Star, would be freak'n great). Blah... I'll post again if they respond.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks. I got a device back saying 'thanks, we'll look into it...' usual type of thing

I must admit i'm stunned the devs hadnt realised earlier, or to be fair perhaps people have hardly played these games and havent mentioned it. I hope they fix them, really like Dot Emu

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Are all the Metal Slug games doing this or only MS3?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just tried them. All the others are fine, its just Metal Slug 3. (1,2 and X are all okay)

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I just got an email...

=o/

And yeah, another confirmation that these are the only two DotEmu games that have an issue...

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #231 psj3809, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    I wish they would just say 'it'll be fixed in an update....'. I mean 'evaluate' ? Evaluate that the only Metal Slug game which doesnt work on ios7 should be updated ? Hello ?

Tempted to leave 1/5 star feedback as i'm sure that'll help them 'evaluate' to change it or not !

Looking on iTunes lots of people have had the same issue for the game since iOS7 came out a few months ago. I've sent a moaney email to Dot Emu asking when they're going to fix it. Left a 1 star review as well. Very frustrating. If they dont come back with any decent reply i'll moan to Apple to try and get my money back as its the principle

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #232 psj3809, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Got a reply from Dot Emu, seems its more to do with SNK than Dot Emu....

"Sorry about that and I completely understand your feeling.

The fact is we already updated those SNK games but it has to be SNK to put it live, we can't do anything more... Unfortunately, we pushed it as best as we can and they didn't send the update to Apple yet.
    I hope they will do it as soon as possible because there are a lot of frustrated people :(
    I will let you know as soon as I got news about it, it's in SKN's hands now..."

Now emailed SNK....

[email protected]

Please do the same, more people they have contacting them it can only help. Metal Slug 3 (And Blazing Star) dont work on ios7

13. Ulala

Ulala Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Hi guys i wanna know does the 3 Metal Slug games for IOS have settings for infinite credits?

14. violatizzle

violatizzle Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Seems like in the description of the game the devs are currently working on a solution for devices running iOS 7. Currently the game is broken as others have stated when running iOS 7

15. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    #235 Topherunhinged, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    I'm sorry but these games are a compete waste on iOS. The controls are awful, which is to be expected since touchscreen controls aren't great, but the lack of iCade support is just unacceptable to me. Apparently it sort of works, unnofficially... it's just ridiculous. There needs to be clear documentation; iOS titles are still published like we're living in the old west, caveat emptor.

With some proper control support I'd have happily picked up all the metal slug titles and several of the shumps.

... And to be clear I don't entirely blame dotemu, obviously SNK are partly responsible for some of these issues like most developers, but when I can so easily get these titles for countless other platforms why bother with iOS ports if I have to suffer through the weak controls and other issues.

The biggest missed opportunity on iOS and a complete shame because these are great games and should have been must haves in every gamers iOS collection.

*apparantly these now has iCade support. So I'll be looking forward to playing these soon.

16. violatizzle

violatizzle Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Blazing Star got the update for iOS 7... MS3 should not be too far behind

17. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like new update is out with iOS7 support!

18. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    SNK has finally made a support update for iOS 11. :p

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Finally ! Great stuff !!

20. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I had been checking last week my purchase list to see if I was able to download it!

Hope they give the former version of KoF-i2012 the same treatment... I mean, right now I'm kinda being "forced" to purchase KoF-i2012 again...