Zombies infect the Oregon Trail in Dead Man's Trail - now on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by totter87, Mar 11, 2014.

1. totter87

totter87 Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Game developer and professor of game development
    Washington, DC
    #1 totter87, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    Hey all,

I'm the founder of Pie For Breakfast Studios, an indie development studio in Washington, DC. We have just announced our game, Dead Man's Trail and we want to get the word out! Our site is: http://www.dmtgame.com/

Dead Man's Trail is a zombie survival game that combines the adventure of The Oregon Trail and more recent games like The Organ Trail Director's Cut with tense 3D dungeon crawling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are differentiating ourselves from games like Organ Trail by giving party members specific jobs that help on the trail, utilizing 3D dungeon-crawling modes for scavenging supplies, and having resources serve several different functions (bullets are both ammo and currency, for example.)

Where Organ Trail elicits its charm from using mechanics and presentation elements from the original, think of ours as an expanded follow up that wants to go beyond the original Oregon Trail to create a Walking Dead/World War Z atmosphere. We're hoping that several years on from the release of Organ Trail, fans of that project will see our game and want to play it as a next step.

We've also got a few things up our sleeves that we're not ready to show yet, so keep watching our website at for those updates. We also have a Kickstarter going on, so go to the site to check that out.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Kinda gives me a state of decay vibe as well

3. totter87

totter87 Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Thanks! We're rather proud of it so far.

4. totter87

totter87 Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Washington, DC
  5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome, those twitch streams are always interesting, and one of my favorite parts of indie Devs.

I noticed you're only launching on mobile, and I wish you luck! Historically it's been very difficult for a mobile exclusive to get kickstarted (especially after Star Command...)

So if it's in your skill set, I'd definitely recommend reaching out for PC support as well, I'd hate to see this die.

Haha I love the vehicle names and the cell shaded style. Good luck!

6. totter87

totter87 Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Thanks! We're very much looking into that right now. Spread the word!

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I will, gladly!

Best of luck from Touch Arcade! :cool:

Here is the Kickstarter page for anyone interested:

http://kck.st/1fQgncy