Finest Hour - Turn-based tank strategy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by offworldgames, Jun 27, 2013.

1. offworldgames

offworldgames Well-Known Member

#1 offworldgames, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    Finest Hour has been submitted to the App Store!

Features

• Online multiplayer. You have 48 hours to make your move. Push notifications when its your next turn.

• Permanent tank destruction. Each tank on the field is valuable and when destroyed it's lost forever; but don't worry you'll get reinforcements when you need them.

• Game Center. More than 6 leader boards to compete on and over 15 achievements to attain.

• More than 10 Tanks to recruit. Utilize Panzers, Stuarts, Crusaders, Tigers and more; each tank has a unique look and combat ability.

• Team Battles. Stand up against your enemies solo or invite a friend to fight with you side-by-side.

Requires an internet connection and Game Center account.

Will be priced at 99 cents with no IAP.

Follow us on facebook.com/OffworldGames or twitter.com/OffworldGames for release announcements!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm really glad to see Offworld Games developing more projects (after Legion of the Damned) but wonder; is there's any chance for a focus on single player content with Finest Hour or subsequent releases?

3. offworldgames

We've considered adding eventual bot support, but at the moment there aren't any plans to add an offline single-player mode.

4. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    My concern is this will turn out like Pocket Heroes (another multiplayer turn based rpg). The problem it had was that it was almost impossible to finish a game due to people randomly quitting, or that people would just stop playing their turns. It was a great game if you had dedicated friends to play it with, but the randomized player assignments rarely worked out (I think the developers ended up giving up on updating the game due to these issues). All that being said, I am still excited about the concept of Finest Hour.

Best of luck!

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is a very bad trend that started on the 360 where developers prioritised multiplayer over single player...

6. offworldgames

@footnote: One feature of the game is auto-surrendering when a player's turn has been skipped twice in a row. When this happens your internal AWOL counter increases which means you'll be matched with players with similar AWOL levels.

We also attempt to match opponents on playing speeds, so that faster players will be matched with faster players and so forth :)

7. offworldgames

Finest Hour v1.0.85 has been submitted! The biggest new feature is the ability to invite a friend to a Solo game!

8. wiles01

wiles01 Member

May 19, 2012
    What is the timer for turn surrender? 24 hours? 48 hours? Seems like some of my games are taking forever to get around to the next turn. Just curious.

Awesome game! I'm trying to spread the word as much as I can, even to my local hobby store that loves playing tabletop wargames that Finest Hour emulates so well.

9. wiles01

wiles01 Member

May 19, 2012
    Universal update is out

Just had the universal update for Finest Hour out today. Looks pretty cool on iPad! No more excuses for the best $.99 you will spend on your iPhone/iPad.