Booyah Society: hinting at new ipod??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lynx009, Aug 5, 2009.

1. lynx009

lynx009 Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I tried to download the Booyah Society game for my 1gen ipod touch this morning. I got the message that "this app will only work on an iphone.)
    I just tried it again (I've been half heartedly hoping or a patch that will allow me to play it,) and I get this error.
    This app is incompatible with this ipod touch. This app requires a microphone.

Kind of leads me this this that the rumours may be true,that the new ipod touch might have a camera and a microphone.

I'm waiting until the new touch comes out to upgrade. and I though this was very interesting.

2. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    U could buy a micophine alotta Games are like that it's been like that

3. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but what it means is that this app is compatible with 2nd-gen iPods, which have a microphone input as part of the headphone jack. Simply plug in a headset to your 2nd-gen iPod Touch.

Personally, I don't believe that the next iPod will come with a microphone, as this is a much cheaper method of using a microphone (plugging it in). However, I do believe that they will include a camera. I also believe...we shouldn't speculate too much. :)

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It doesn't mean there is a new ipod. It means that the reason it can't work on your device is cause it doesn't have a mic input.

As ajg3 pointed out there are plenty of external mic options that allow you to play these games

5. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    In my opinion you are not losing much with this app anyway. I found it completely pointless.

6. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    you can buy an external mic for a 2nd gen ipod touch.....

7. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    I have it on my 2nd Gen iPod, it works just fine. Achievements for things you do in real life - what a concept. Not much of a game though.

8. lynx009

lynx009 Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    not what I mean...

I just thought it was interesting the the warning from apple had changed. if nothing had changed (i.e. microphones for ipods aren't new...) then the change in the warning wouldn't have needed to change. So I figured... maybe something HAD. Logically that seems to be the only reason the necessitate the change.

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Okay look, the reason why it said that is because only the iPod touch 2G is compatible with external microphones. Maybe that's why it needed an iPhone.