Universal Square Dash (by Skiproach Studio - Creators of WingDot)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Skiproach Studio, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiproach Studio

Skiproach Studio Well-Known Member

Hi TA forum,
    After making WingDot we thought it could be fun to take one of our early prototypes of WingDot and make it into a game.

We liked the controls touch to go up, release to dive so why not build upon that.

The game is about surviving as long as possible and dodge incoming objects, and collect gems. Very basic “running” type of game. You control a simple square flying up and down. But we think it needed some more, some more to make it a game not seen before. We got the idea of having a “life line” that the player needs to be close to. Touching the life line with your square gives you more time to get further. Your life line will at maximum only give you 10 seconds to live in, that means you need to keep an eye on the time and be close at your life line to fuel up on “extra time”. Zero time is a game over - if you have not crashed before that.

Even though the game is very basic in it's form, it still captures the AArrgghh!! I just needed 100 point more to get the next achievement. Fast restart keeps you playing to get all 25 achievements unlocked.

One last thing. This game is also a test (development test) for our self to try and work with new techniques, for example is this the first game we are making that support Universal app for iPhone and iPad. And therefore we have decided to make the game free.

It’s set to release on wednesday 18 - Free

Features:
    - 3 gameplay modes - One harder than the other
    - 25 GameCenter Achievements
    - GameCenter rank for all 3 game modes
    - Ingame rank system
    - Universal app for iPhone and iPad

Cheers, hope you will enjoy :)

Henrik and Christian
    www.skiproachstudio.com

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Great news, Wingbot is fantastic and I'm looking forward to play this one :)

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I also loved wingdot and loved how you made changed based on users feedback. I was able to put it on my daughters device because of the extra changes, I'll be defiantly checking this one out too, looks great.