Ipod Touch 3rd Generation Informational Letter from Steve Jobs Himself? Doubt it...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sf49lu, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    #1 sf49lu, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    I was on touchmyapps and noticed that there was a post claiming that Steve Jobs personally wrote a letter that described the new Ipod Touch 3rd Generation or Ipod Touch "P". It confirms that the new ipod touch will be introduced at the september 9th event and the ipod will have 18 hours of battery life for movies and wifi but no camera or mic. I personally believe that the letter is fake. What do you guys think? Link here...

http://bit.ly/4w7rzl

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

That's BS

3. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #3 Fleabag323, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    It's not him. Do you know why?
    1st: He said "there" instead of "their", and it would have been checked, and multiple other grammar mistakes.
    2nd: Steve Jobs wouldn't write an email about it, he would wait for the event.
    3rd: If everyone knows there's no camera (Though I doubt there won't), then there won't be any hype, and no one will pay attention to the event.
    4th: The first paragraph is just ridiculous, it obviously would be him if it was from let's say, [email protected], but I doubt this was from an account like that.

5th: IT'S JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS!!!!! Read it!! "One mother I met cried in my arms as she told me the sad, sad story of her little Billy who could barely play his Peggle under the dimmest backlight. It was excruciating to listen to. But I understood what I needed to do." Seriously? That is a horrible attempt at pretending to be Steve Jobs.

4. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Yeah i saw this earlier. Total BS

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    it's only an attempt to get some publicist for TMA, very very sad

6. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    And to think some people believed this.
    [​IMG]

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    first sentence blew it

8. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    lmao does not sound like steve jobs at all...but watch the article come true lol

9. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Dear TouchArcade,

I is Steve Jobs. It be true. Do not question why, just believe. Believe in me like people believe in the Jesus. Trust me. One time, I was fighting a Gang$tar (Gang$tar) when he tried to punch my cancer. Luckily I killed him with an ice cream cone I stole from a little girl nearby, and I soon was confronted by his mother, who cried in my arms because her little La Quisha and her brother Tiny couldn't get their Minigore update because the AppStore Review team was composed of mentally-challenged chimpanzees. It was then that I knew what I had to do. I had epiphany. I saw a group of normal iPod users, like you, who could review things using the toilet. I then set out to work on something amazing: The iReviewToilet. Every time you take a dump, iPod game is sent to your iPod via Super Wi-Fi Bluetooth power. You then review it and when you flush, the toilet goes 'I can take a dump and review at the same time! Take that AppStore Review Team!'

With that knowledge I tell you this: There will be no new iPods on 9/9/09, only a kick-ass movie. In fact, we take out all iPods that day from market and only sell iReviewToilets. Dis is revolutionary.

Trust me.

Yours forever,
    Stev Jubs.

P.S. Trust me. It's me. I knowz it is.

10. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    LOL! Well that made my day... Anyways, whats up with this 9/9/09 BS... I mean... While I was watching TV (Nickalodian), be ashamed if you can't watch Spongebob Squarepants (mind that I can drive and make my own money), anyways... there was this Nerf Blaster thing and it well it said there was going to be this weird gun thing coming out on 9/9/09. And well I thought it was pretty stupid that they made several commercials like that. anyways.

Back to the topic... What a load of BS! Steve Jobs... Grammer error and of course, a mix of retardeder (yes) at the same time...

I mean seriously, a iPod Touch P(ee)?!?

11. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    pretty pathetic, doesnt look professional at all

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#12 Will090, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    oh my god hahahahhah. The gangstar part and minigore updates made me lol. This is my new signature

13. Meh. Nothing new. We get this crap every year. There's always some sort of "leaked" document, usually in the form of keynote points leaked from an upcoming event. Pretty idiotic claiming to have something written by Jobs though. That just beggars belief.

14. chedita

chedita Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Professional ipod gamer
    where you live
    the only thing i wish was real was the fact it was three times the current battery power. but yeah this made my day from a long boring day at school.

15. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

It is 100% true, it has to be. Why a fake Steve Jobs sign off as "Mr. Jobs", it just doesn't make any sense. If I were a fake Steve Jobs, I would probably say something like "Steve" and then add a ";)" or something. I might even add a few more "pleases" in the opening paragraph to make it more realistic - but then again, what do I know?

As far as I can tell, and I have just sussed out a Craigslist scammer this morning, this letter is 100% legit. That scammer though, he had no idea at all. Anyway guys, thanks for the tips because wow, my eyes are opened to a few things now, but really, there is no way in tarnations (just looked that up in the dictionary app - seems its an American slang) that this letter is fake.

Over and out!

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    LMFAO those people at Touchmyapps believed it?

I can't think of anything to say about that.

17. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Really? You honestly believe that it's real? Or are you being sarcastic because as i'm sure you know it can be hard to detect sarcasm over the Internet.

18. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

You are right. I should have added a few more ;) into my own post to make it more obvious since this is, as you say, the internet! cheers.

19. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    lets all ROFL at them

20. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    How about:

touchmyapps = toucharcade bizarro world confirmed.

[hqyoutube]tJmpuHQN1bY[/hqyoutube]