Minigore Petition: A Tribute to Egoraptor

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Karnith, Dec 15, 2009.

?

Do you want to see an Egoraptor character in Minigore?

1. Yes.

106 vote(s)
    89.8%
  2. No.

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Karnith

Karnith Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    For reference, Arin Hanson, better known to the Internet as Egoraptor, is something of a celebrity on Newgrounds for his Awesome series (parodies of various video games), and more recently for the Girl-Chan in Paradise series (a broad parody of anime) and Lemon 'n Bill, but TouchArcade users would most likely know him best for providing the voices for several of the characters in Minigore. Specifically, he voiced John Gore, Jerry Gore, and Santa. And while, from what I've read in the Minigore thread, some people weren't particularly appreciative of the voices, it seems to be the general opinion that they were well-written and well-delivered. Or at least funny.

Another user (craighauser, to be specific) and I were talking about Egoraptor in one of the Minigore threads, and he brought up how Egoraptor deserved his own character in the game for the work he's done on the game. I concurred, but expressed my doubts that it would happen. But he suggested a petition, and here we are.

If you're unfamiliar with his works, I suggest that you visit his website (linked to in the first paragraph) and watch some of his Awesome videos (warning: these videos do contain gratuitous swearing occasionally violence or jokes of a crude and/or sexual nature).

Essentially, this is an attempt to convince Mountain Sheep, as part of a forthcoming update, to include Egoraptor as a character for use in Minigore. While I have little confidence in the ability of an e-petition to convince anyone of anything, I think that it is a worth a shot to at least try.

So, please, drop by and support Egoraptor. While I'm sure Mountain Sheep (or Chillingo, or whoever handles payment) compensated him fairly for his work, it is my belief that he deserves a tribute within the game itself (besides the credits, of course).

Or, for you "tl;dr" people: Egoraptor's awesome, let's put him in Minigore.

2. V2daJ

V2daJ Member

Aug 23, 2009
    It seems like a great idea, and hopefully Mountain Sheep adds him.

On another note, characters the Behemoth created would be cool in Minigore. Like Alien Hominid, the Castle Crashers, etc. Why? Just cause I'm a fan. Will it happen? Probably not. Can I dream? Yes, yes I can.

3. Karnith

Nov 26, 2009
    In fairness, though, at least Egoraptor is related to Minigore and the whole iDevice gaming scene. And he's had previous dealings with Mountain Sheep, so hopefully they'd be more sympathetic to putting him in.

And, for the record, I'm not particularly optimistic that he'd get in. But, like you, I can dream.

4. Guiks

Guiks Member

Aug 9, 2009
    That would be really awesome to see Egoraptor in Minigore :]

5. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Great idea :) I'm all for putting Egoraptor as a playable character, actually I need to ask him if he wants to be in the game because it involves doing voice acting which is quite a bit of work and he's a very busy guy.

6. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I'd love to see solid snake moar then egorapter though.

7. Karnith

Nov 26, 2009
    Addressed at TimoVihola:

Yeah, from what I've read on his blog, he sounds like he's got a lot of work on his hands, between whatever his job might be, various flash projects, and other commitments. But it's good to hear that developers have an ear open to their fans.

Addressed to Chronical:

Well, Solid Snake is a licensed character, so the Mountain Sheep/Chillingo developers would have to obtain legal permission to use the character (and probably pay royalties) to Konami.

8. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

Yes ! Bring on more and newer characters to Minigore ! The more the merrier ;)

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, after hearing his great voice acting, watching Metal Gear Awesome, and seeing that Evan Hsuo got 2 characters, Egoraptor really deserves one. He didn't just make one line, he voice acted a ton of great ones.

10. viensanity

viensanity Well-Known Member

#10 viensanity, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    Post this on Twitter!

RT #Minigore Petition: A Tribute to Egoraptor #toucharcade http://bit.ly/5YQEEI

11. Karnith

Nov 26, 2009
    I actually don't have a Twitter account, so would someone else mind spearheading the effort on that front?

Oh, and I'm glad to see that Egoraptor is getting so much support. Although I would like to know who is voting against it, and why.

12. viensanity

#12 viensanity, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    I'm new to Twitter, so I hope this works. Twitterers check out my sig!

EDIT: If anyone can give me some tips on this tweeting thing I can improve it.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure I understand the situation... he did some voice acting for Minigore so he deserves to be in it? Why? The other devs aren't in the game either... is there another reason Egoraptor deserves special mention?

14. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    cuz he did all the voice acting and has done a tone of work that we think deseves to be recognized

15. Karnith

Nov 26, 2009
    Given that, while I didn't come up with the idea, I was in the discussion that led to this thread, I think that I can field that one.

Egoraptor is an Internet humorist, well-known on Newgrounds for his gaming series. He has a unique style of delivery and timing and a truly professional voice-acting ability. Because of his work in Minigore and elsewhere, craighauser suggested that he be put in the game as his own character with his own dialgue. The door to this idea was at least partially opened up by the inclusion of Evan Hsu in the game, a different real person. And, given the forthcoming inclusion of several characters from other well-known games for iDevices, I thought that Egoraptor might fit into the game, as well.

As to why the other developers don't have their own inclusion, I guess that it's because they aren't as individually well-known as Egoraptor is. But, hey, it's their game; they can do what they want with it.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah I get it. At first I thought the petition to include him was due to some diservice they'd done him or something, but if it's just as a nice gesture, sure... why not.

17. Karnith

Nov 26, 2009
    It's good to see some whole-hearted support there! "Why not?" indeed!

All kidding aside, does anyone know of a way to contact Egoraptor that won't involve him ignoring the message as spam? I'm tempted to send him an e-mail, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't read e-mails from a complete stranger with a subject of "You should be a Minigore character!"

18. viensanity

I read his blog, and he encourages people to follow him on twitter, on which he actually responds to people. He should have gotten my tweet, but haven't heard back from him yet. Egoraptor's twitter

19. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    If you put Charley the Unicorn as an unlockables, il suck your ******

20. viensanity