A Decent Baseball Sim?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Garbagemaster, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Can anyone recommend a decent baseball sim? I've been playing 9 innings 2013 Plus. I like the gameplay, trading cards, etc...but I HATE the constant IAP pressure. Stars can't be earned, upgrading players with hard-earned points is 50/50 at best (unless you spend aforementioned stars).
    Anything out there similar, but without IAP?
    Not interested in Baseball Superstars...looks too cartoony

2. shinbone64

shinbone64 Active Member

Jul 3, 2012
    iOOTP has been a pretty fun baseball game for me. However its not really like the other 2 in that its more manager oriented and you really don't get much action in the actual play. Think that might be all that's out there to be honest. Sorry if this isn't the game you are really looking for!

3. Respox

Respox Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes, iOOTP is great, but it's oriented towards organizational management as opposed to playing actual baseball games.

On the other end of the spectrum, Wannabat distills the baseball experience into a street type duel of pitcher vs batter. Despite the arcadey premise, the pitching and batting mechanics are modeled excellently. In fact, I wish they'd use the engine in a full-fledged baseball sim. That's how good it is.

4. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I've enjoyed iOOTP. Different kind of game. 9 Innings would be fine were it not for the IAP garbage. Surprising no developer has picked up on the popularity of games like this and BS and offered something in the premium model. I'd pay up to 7.99-9.99 for a decent, no IAP sim. An MLB license, while cool, wouldn't even be necessary.