Games like Mage Guantlet?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ethandude123, May 9, 2012.

1. ethandude123

ethandude123 Well-Known Member

I was looking for a simple rpg game like Mage Guantlet because I really like that game and I can't seem to find any like it. Can anybody help me out?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You should probably ask this in the "Mass..." thread, but while I'm here...

I don't think there are any quite as good - to be fair, Mage Gauntlet is pretty amazing. You should be a bit more specific in what you like - the "RPG without stats" thing, or the whole Action-RPG way the fighting works, or what?

Off the top of my head, I can't actually give you a recommendation.

3. ethandude123

Like a rpg game that's not complicated, kind of like Zenonia 4 without the so much of the stat points and grinding. Thanks for the help by the way.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #4 Echoseven, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Well Fara is an RPG that was designed for touchscreens. It's more about the exploration and a lot of people have expressed negative opinions, but I loved it. They did, however, focus a lot on the art, possibly at a detriment to the other aspects of an RPG - but it doesn't have a mess of stats, etc.

Check it out as a cautious recommendation, see if it looks interesting to you. Here it is: Fara (App Store link)

5. ethandude123

Looks pretty interesting, I'll try it out. Thanks

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Secret of Mana, the first two Dungeon Hunters, Pocket RPG, Bug Heroes Quest (or whatever it's called...).

7. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Definitely second SoM and pocket rpg. They fit your description.

Also: solomons keep and third blade. Their customization depth is pretty light, just like Mage gauntlet and are more on the casual side.

8. ethandude123

SoM?

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Secret of Mana.

Oh, and yes:

Solomon's Keep and Solomon's Boneyard, both amazing games.
    (Boneyard is essentially an endless [and free] mode of Solomon's Keep, but both are worth checking out together or separately)

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Solomon's Keep and boneyard are awesome games. I only didn't mention them because I see them more as dual stick shooters, but really I guess bug heroes is sort of too, and they're ask worth checking out.