New Castle Defense game sneakpeak (by Clueless Ideas)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Manuel, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Manuel

Manuel Active Member

#1 Manuel, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    Hi there folks,

We have been developing a new game lately. The game is of castle defense type, with magic spells.

The setting takes place in a fantasy world where our hero's town is under siege by a mighty army of orcish creatures. Our mission is to help him defend the town and save the villagers.

In-game screenshot:

[​IMG]

Bare in mind that the game is still in development, so everything is still subject to change.

We would love to hear your opinions.

Cheers
    Clueless Ideas

EDIT (16-July-2011):

[​IMG]

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I like it but i feel the creatures need more of a "Look" to them. They look too smooth

3. Manuel

Manuel Active Member

You mean orcs should have more graphical details? We had a cartoonish look in mind, thats why colors are basically solid.

Still, we are open to possible changes if that opinion is shared by most people.

4. SupercrazY

SupercrazY Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    yeah they look like they are solid and i don't like that sorry but the idea of the game looks cool ;)

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I like it, reminds me of Pixeljunk. :)

The animation will make or break this. Need to see video.

6. Manuel

Manuel Active Member

To be honest we had never heard about Pixeljunk (Monsters?). I investigated a bit and I can see some resemblances but I supose gameplay is very different.

We'll post a gameplay video soon and you'll be able to decide for yourself about the animations and game effects ;)

7. devius

devius Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Graphics artist
    Clueless Ideas (Portugal)
    Ok, so it's not exactly a video but it is an animation... if you use your imagination ;) It's the hero's spell casting animation.

[​IMG]