Capture Video from iPad

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by laxaris, Aug 6, 2010.

1. laxaris

laxaris Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Developer
    Germany
    Hallo,

maybe someone has experience in that:

I try to capture a video of an iPad game, therefore I am using an HD digital Video Camera (Canon EOS 7D) and record it with full HD. But there is always a pattern on the video, where the display is, looks a bit amateurish...

Here is a sample (watch it in HD to see the pattern):

So what is the best way to capture a video of a running game on the iPad? Has anybody some good suggestions?

Many thanks

Oliver

2. nazara_tech

nazara_tech Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    project manage
    India
    game looking nice!

3. laxaris

laxaris Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Developer
    Germany
    For those, who are interested in that, I have found out, how to build up a good video of the iPAD screen:

It is just depending on how far the camera is away from the display, how much the objective is zoomed in and where the focus is set. You have to manually adjust all those settings, until no patterns are visible.
    I have used a Canon EOS 7D, which is capable of recording full hd videos. And I connected it directly via HDMI-Cable to a control monitor. This is necessary, cause on the small display of the cam you don't see those patterns.
    The cam was mounted on a tripod directly on top over the iPad and looking down to it. Environtment lighting is also necessary, check, that there are no reflections on the screen.

Here is the result, of my last video session: