Idu 2 @ wwdc

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IUGOME, Mar 28, 2009.

1. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

So, since we had such a blast hosting the iPhone Dev Union Party at GDC, we want to be on top of the game for WWDC and start planning for IDU Part 2!

Who will be attending WWDC this year and who would like to come to our party? This time I will be securing a party "space" especially for us so we have enough room.

Also, anyone interested in sponsoring the event with drinks, food, swag, etc, please msg me so that we can arrange for this ahead of time. If anyone has any bright ideas of how they wish to contribute to this event, please let me know, I am open to suggestions and ideas!

I'll keep everyone posted on where and when the party is at, and perhaps if there is a night that works better for everyone you can mention it here. Thanks everyone and we can't wait to see you all again June 8-12!

2. dubane

dubane Well-Known Member

Awesome! We had a great time at the party and we'll definitely help out with the sponsoring this time around too.

Sarah, I'll reach out to you offline to sort out some details.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else there!

3. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on what night would be best everyone? This is my first time attending WWDC so any experienced members' advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

4. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Sarah,

Thanks again for organizing the great party at GDC. It was a blast!

Keith and I are definitely in for the WWDC party! And I think that will be the end of our conferencing days for the year, before we become full-time conference-goers...

5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Oh snap! WWDC is right after E3.

I wasn't planning on attending WWDC and wait for E3 but I guess I have a reason to now.

Aren't any of you going to E3? Come on! Come to lovely Los Angeles!

6. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    I just posted this on Twitter: I'm volunteering myself to be the nametag guy.

I'll bring name tag thinggies and sharpies for the event. I was looking at blake's photoset and I missed a lot of people.

What do you guys think?

7. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

You're hired. :D

Thank you for volunteering for this, it's a great idea. I appreciate gestures like this where others can take on smaller stuff to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

8. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #8 dannys95, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
    I would gladly help................but I'm in FL and can't go over to CA right now. Let me know if there's anything I can do remotely.

I know there's probably nothing I can do but if anything PM me.

9. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

So far we have Fuel Games, Bungee Labs and us (IUGO) sponsoring drinks for IDU Part 2... Thanks guys, much appreciated!

We could use a few more!

10. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

OK, I am wanting to secure a location for IDU PT.2 soon...if we stick with the original plan of holding it at the View Lounge in the Marriott then we need to get them a deposit to secure it. Anyone who wants to sponsor needs to step up now! I need to figure out who really is committed to throwing some cash in towards drinks to determine whether or not we can afford this venue.

Speak up now if you're interested! Thanks everyone.

Oh and I am looking at holding the event on Monday, June 8th @ 7pm.

11. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    WWDC is sold out, so the Idu2 should be pretty big.

12. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Sadly, the View Lounge did not work out, but I just secured some space at Jillian's @ the Metreon. So here's the party stats so far:

When: Monday, June 8th, 2009
    Where: Jillian's @ Metreon (see map)
    Time: 7-10pm-ish
    Who Can Come: All independent iPhone developers and media!

There will be light appies available and drink tickets will be handed out (while supplies last)

So far, confirmed sponsors are: Fuel Games, Touch Arcade, Bungee Labs, IUGO

Please invite all of your developer friends who are in town. We are still open to more sponsors so please PM me if you're interested!

13. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    We (all of us at Illusion Labs) are attending WWDC so we will hopefully have time to stop by the party and say hello ;)

14. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

That would be great, you are most certainly invited.

For the sponsors; I will be asking you to contribute your portion to the venue around a week before the event so as to settle up and confirm payment for Jillian's. Just wanted to give you a heads up about that.

Anyone wanting to bring swag to the party is more than welcome to as well.

We have another sponsor who has joined us: 148Apps.com. :)

Again, there's always room for more sponsors!

15. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Dam you guys are going? I could get in as "media"........but I'm in FL.
    Oh well, I'll meet you guys another day I guess.

16. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Yup, this time we have time to go, we missed GDC unfortunately. The flight is rather long (~15h) and expensive, so you gotta be selective. Not to mention the price for wwdc itself, yikes!

17. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yeah, the flight from here is about 5 hrs, but expensive for some reason.
    Plus, WWDC is expensive as heck. And with no Stevie, not this year Apple.
    Oh well. I've always wanted to go to Sweden so maybe I'll see you guys later on.

18. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    You're welcome to Sweden anytime! Home of IKEA, Volvo, Pippi Longstocking, ABBA, Touchgrind, pretty girls (yay), fermented fish, Ericsson, free medical care, free college, high taxes, funny language, H&M, nudie jeans, meatballs, many NHL stars (Forsberg etc), the Stockholm syndrome, odd actors (Peter Stormare, Stellan Skarsgård, Greta Garbo), the ATM, zippers, smorgasboard, knäckebröd, expensive alchohol and petrol, movie directors (Ingemar Bergman, Lasse Hallström), and me!

19. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    lol! mostly interested in the bold letters. ;)
    italic = thank god i googled that. and no thanks on zippers. ;)
    underlined = awesome to go meet u.

someday............now back on topic. :cool:

20. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

I'd go there for ABBA alone. :D